R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2000 model R6 and the Low beams don't work???

When the switch is on low beams no lights are on....but when i turn it on to high beams both lights turn on...so i know that the light bulbs are working?
has anyone else had this problem?

im thinking its the switch malfunctioning but just wanted to get a second opinion.

also could it be a fuse?

cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
The bulbs have 2 filaments in them, 1 for hi beam and 1 for dip. I'd "borrow" a bulb out of the girlfriends car to check. Don't touch the glass part on the bulb by the way..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,

i was just staring at my bike for about 5 minutes thinking how the hell do i take this apart!!! lol.

has anyone written up a HOW TO on replacing headlights??

would me much appreciated.

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you're just trying to get to the bulbs, take off the ram air covers, once it's off, you'll see a big circular thing that can be screwed off by hand, that's to get to the bulbs...hope that helps you a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys i figured it out...thanks for your help...pretty easy after all.

I've tried to change the light bulbs but the low beams still don't work.
im guessing its the fuse or switch?

has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also having this problem on my 2000, but I generally drive with my high beams on so I'm not in a huge hurry to fix it. :badger
Let me know if you find out what the deal is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I'm also having similar problem on my 2006 r6 low beams dont work but the highs do the bulbs are fine I took the low beam plugged into the high beam side and it lights up no fuses are blown connections to battery are good harnesses are getting power with the multimeter I should add they are hids the low beams comes on for about 1 seconds then shuts off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts