R6 Message Net banner

221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
i know this might seem easy or maybe a dumb one or i might be missing something, but to change the windscreen on a 2006 r6 (not r6s) must the upper fairing be removed?? or is there an easier way just needed a little help on this. Thanx!
the mirrors have to be removed, that's the most of it.

·
R.SICK
20 Posts
Hey guys, I have a new tank going on my bike...was just wondering how tedious of a process this is going to be, to switch it out.... has anyone done it and is there a tutorial? didn't see one in the how-to section. thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nick, take a look at the spark plug or air filter guides as i think they show how to take the tank off in the process..

I am wanting to make a guide on no-cut sliders installation using the Vortex brand from D2moto. Here are the parts you get

I need to know which of the (2) or (3) inserts are used with (4) or (5) screws to be used to bolt the bracket (8) to the frame on point (B)

Also are there the A & B spots the right places to put the sliders? On the
B side, the faring sits ontop of the bracket (7.) and makes it stick out,
is it supposed to do that?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/Davis_711/IMG_1021.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/Davis_711/IMG_1027.jpg

You will need to look at pics to make sense of what im saying, once i get my answers i will make it into a pdf guide for everyone :)

2003 YZF R6 by the way :thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts
ohlins damper

Hi, i have a 04 r6 and a ohlins steering damper.. it want to change the oil, how do i do it and what oil i put in?

thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
03-05 Headlight removal

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread on here, with pics, on how to remove the headlight assembly on an 03-05 RG (or later R6S). I searched, but couldn't find it. Anyone know where it is?

·
Registered
6 Posts
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET MY SUSPENSION SET PROPERLY FOR ME I HAVE MADE SEVERAL ADJUSMENTS BUT CANT SEEM TO GET IT PERFECT YET. I AM 6'1" and 230lbs,

·
Registered
108 Posts
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET MY SUSPENSION SET PROPERLY FOR ME I HAVE MADE SEVERAL ADJUSMENTS BUT CANT SEEM TO GET IT PERFECT YET. I AM 6'1" and 230lbs,
The only way that will happen is if you send it out to get revalved and resprung. Most modern sportbikes are sprung for 160-170lbs rider in the front and then some are set up for two up on the shock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i have got myself a PCV with Autotune for the 08 r6. Now i cannot get the autotune to work. And the engine temp seems to need calibration as it does not tally with the bike. Does anyone have any idea of what i am missing here?
FYI i have enabled the autotune function already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need help installing a new clutch. It is a 95-07 YAMAHA YZF600R EBC SRC CLUTCH KIT with kevlar facings. Want to do it myself instead of having to pay for someone to do it.
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
can anybody tell me how to reset my exup motor server i get to the part where it says diag then not sure where to go from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
levers

hello I just want to know how to remove my clutch and brake levers i want to replace them for new oem levers please help with this

221 - 240 of 254 Posts