R6 Message Net banner

201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Passenger Peg Turn Signals

I have been looking around but have not been able to find a how to on installing passenger peg turn signals. Can someone point me in the right direction or post a how to? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Passenger turn signals

I havent found one on here nor do i know how to do it but there is a seller on ebay that does that for you. all you have to do is send em your pegs and pay a like $40 and they will do them for you. hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i did it myself using LED's and resistors (so i didn't blow the resistors). i did it like 3 years ago so i'd have to dig it all up again........ i'll get pics up today for you guys

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have been looking around but have not been able to find a how to on installing passenger peg turn signals. Can someone point me in the right direction or post a how to? Thanks.
I don't have a How To, but I can point you to the right path.

The hardest part about doing this mod is drilling the holes in a straight line and evenly spacing them. If you can do this, the rest is cake. I don't think a how-to can teach you this part though.

The best LED's to use for the project is going to be a 5mm (also called a T1 3/4). They are about 1/4 inch in diameter.

I cannot remember what size drill bit I used, I am not certain if it is 1/4 or very slightly smaller. But you want to pick on that has a snug fit. Practice on a scrap piece of something for sizing.

I buy all my LEDs at www.superbrightleds.com. They have a great selection. The yellow ones that are 5000mcs with a 30 degree viewing angle are good. The 10000mcd 8 degree are brighter, but are not as bright when viewing from an angle. Might get both and see which you like better.

http://superbrightleds.com/leds.htm

When you click on the part number it will pull up an information sheet. This will contain all the information cruicial to creating your circuit.

Remember, we use a resistor in an LED circuit because a diode does not have resistance. Without resistance in a circuit, the LED will blow. It will be bright as hell for its short life, but it will blow.

The information you need is:

IF (continuous forward current), which will me in mA (micro amps) for LEDs.
VF (forward Voltage), Which will be in volts.

Once you learn the circuit building part, you can LED anything.

Here is a GREAT tool for the novice.

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Plug in the values and it will do the rest.

I think this will get you going, if you have questions post them here or PM me.

·
Bringing Sexy Back
154 Posts
Is there a how to for adjusting the clutch free play?

·
Registered
277 Posts
how to safety wire without red x's

There is a how to on here for safety wiring but its from 05 and the pics are all gone. Does anyone know of another place on R6mn or elswhere to find a full how to on saftey wiring. thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
07 Exhaust

I got a slip-on for my 07 R6 and I heard there really isnt any gain from this unless you cut the cat? I was wondering if there is any info. on how-to remove the honeycomb and such from the cat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
exhaust modificationq

Iam thinking of putting the T-tuner midpipe on with the GYTR slip on pipe. I am leaning towards not removing the combs...... Maybe i will.... Im more confused on the 02 sensor. If i dont plug it in what do i do with it..... how do i plug the hole in the exhaust..... do i have to get it maped.....what is a PCIII...... i have been reading these forums and beginning to understand what the hell is goin on but.... " a little knowledge can be dangerous". I guess my question is what all do i need to do if i want to install the T-tuner midpipe with the GYTR slip on?

As you can probable tell this will be my first modification to my '06 R6. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
im looking for a how to on installing a 905 cage on a 06

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
03-05 headers on 99-02 R6 swap??

I'm trying to find the how-to/mod for putting the 03-05 R6 headers on a 99-02 R6. I'm sure it's just a direct bolt on but a friend of mine is wanting more info before he does it. I think the thread had some HP numbers and tuning info on it that he'd like to read up on.

I tried searching and wasn't able to find it. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Changing fork oil 04 R6s

Id like to change my fork oil & Im a wonderin' if theres a how to anywhere...is it that hard or is it simply draining the forks & then adding the right ammount of the new stuff thru the top of the forks...?Cheers:hattip

·
Registered
22 Posts
2006 R6 Windscreen

i know this might seem easy or maybe a dumb one or i might be missing something, but to change the windscreen on a 2006 r6 (not r6s) must the upper fairing be removed?? or is there an easier way just needed a little help on this. Thanx!

·
Registered
213 Posts
i know this might seem easy or maybe a dumb one or i might be missing something, but to change the windscreen on a 2006 r6 (not r6s) must the upper fairing be removed?? or is there an easier way just needed a little help on this. Thanx!
nope, no need to. Just remove the old and carefully slide the new one into place and screw back in, the lil black rubber nuts are not fun though, lol... just be careful of the plastic tabs. these tabs are the upper-most point at where the windscreen locks into place.they snap eaily, its ok if they do snap, i have one of mine snapped and it only bobbles a very lil bit at 130mph +...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Could use a write up on "How to change the TPS in 03R6" I got a new one and can't adjust it. The shop manual is no help....What they say to do doesn't make any sense and didn't work! Any help would be appreciated......:thumbup

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to Change Back break pads on 2000 R6

I am trying to get a how to in changing the rear break pad of a 2000 r6. Do you have any suggestions?

If you want to know how to do any maintenance on you R6, any years, let me know and I will see if I can put one together.

Also if anyone wants to help me out with anything, as far as critiquing, adding some of your own advice, feel free to speak up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Made it to page 11 before I gave up trying to find these DIYs...

1. How to lower a 2001 R6 -aka- How to install lowering links on a 2001 R6.
2. How to properly replace swingarm on a 2001 R6.

Might have missed 'em, but if I did please don't bash me. Be a good guy and give me a link :thumbup

201 - 220 of 254 Posts