R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to know how to do any maintenance on you R6, any years, let me know and I will see if I can put one together.

Also if anyone wants to help me out with anything, as far as critiquing, adding some of your own advice, feel free to speak up.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Kwota said:
I'd like a how to done about LEDs.

I'm trying to home build my own LED turnsignals and am trying to figure out a way to make the damn things blink. I have some 5000mcd amber LEDs, but I just need to figure out the magic of blinking. They light up, but I'm not really planning on having to rapid-fire turn off and on the turn signal switch.
There is a wire that is always on(running lights) and one that is pulsing(turn signal) and of course the ground. You need to hook up to the right wire and it will blink. There is also such thing as blinking LEDs that will flash with constant power(running lights wire). If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me and I can try to help you out.

·
To the Track Stat!!!
1,473 Posts
Im looking for a how to on prepping race plastics for fit/mounting, sanding and painting. Anyone out there have any time to spare to write this how to up?

·
Registered
548 Posts
How about "how to install track bodywork"

It seems simple at first, but the more I look into it, the more complicated it gets. Starting with drilling holes, choosing the right fastners, dremmeling things to fit, making sure things are on straight, etc, etc.

·
Prize member
159 Posts
R1 throttle tube

I can't find the R1 throttle conversion how-to anymore. I'm just about to try and do it after having the part for a year, anyone know where it is?

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
is there a how-to for putting 03 wheels on a 99-02 r6? just a list of parts needed would be fine. spacers, which to use, shaving measurements if any. Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
i was told there was a How To on cleaning the TPS.....for the life of me , i cant find it an i need to do this. Anybody got one or can explain it to me? Maybe i'll throw up a How-To.

·
Registered
340 Posts
clique said:
can you guys do a how to on general LED light installations? like what kind or LEDs, resistors, and cables to use and how to connect then and how to tap into the power source. It would be totally awesome if someone did a how-to on this.
That is not really an easy task. You have to understand the conceptual side of electronics. NO, it isn't hard, there are just too many variables.

Different LED bulbs have different currents they can operate at, the number of LEDs in a circuit vary. . .all this determines what size resistor you use.

LEDs are also polarized, meaning they have a + side and a - side.

If you have some ideas that you are trying to acheive, I will certainly give detailed explinations and create some rough schematics for you. I am not an electronic whiz, so if you get too over the top, I might have to use a "phone-a-friend."

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Clutch replacements are easy.. and if you've got an 05, there is NOOO way you should need a clutch by now, unless you have NO clue how to ride..

I rode my 04 WAAAAYYYYYY hard doing cluth up 4th!!! gear wheelies and drag launch's and that clutch was as good as the day i first got the bike (with 1 tenth of a mile on it)..

but if you have any mechanical knowledge you can do a clutch install.. If you don't, don't waste your time you'll screw something up...

But here's a run down on one for you.

Remove right side mid and lower plastics.

Disconnect Clutch cable from clutch lever (at the case end).

Remove the case Bolts, and LIGHTLY tap with a SOFT rubber mallet, until the case pops free.

Disconnect the Ignition Rotor pickup wires.

Slowly Remove the 5 or 6 (i forget the correct number) of bolts from the clutch basket evenly (IE 1 turn each bolt in a cross-criss pattern, like the lug nuts on a tire).

Remove all the clutch plates and friction plates. If you want a like new clutch, go ahead and replace all of the friction and clutch plates (make sure to soak the new friction plates in NEW motor oil for atleast a few hours before install).

Reinstall everything in the reverse order (making sure to torque to pressure plate bolts down to the correct torque (these are the ones with the SPRINGS on them)).

Clean the gasket surface on the engine AND case cover w/ a scotch brite pad, them spray clean with some brake cleaner.

Apply a 1/16"-1/8" bead of Silicon rubber on the case cover and reinstall the case cover to the engine making sure to torque the case cover bolts to the correct torque and sequence (if you don't know the correct sequence, a criss cross pattern normally works well).

Re-attach the clutch cable, adjust the play as per the owners manual.

Change the OIL and filter (this is a pre-cautionary measure, as it gets all of the old metal particals and any of the "crap" that might have fallen in the oil pan out before you start it up with a new clutch).

Go test ride the thing.

Re-install the plastics and your done.

And NO i did not do this to my R6 previously mentioned. I did it to my f4i Stunt bike.

It should take roughly an hour for someone w/ alot of mech. experience, and probly 2 or 3 for someone with none.

NOW

Please PM me for my paypal address, as that how-to just cost you all $50. :LOL j/k

·
Modulator
585 Posts
Member requested how-to's:

Replace Clutch
Paint Bike
Make your own front and rear stands
Removing motor, spliting cases, and rebuilding
Install mini LED to light your License plate
Replace 2nd gear 99-02
Complete Motor Swap
Replace Rearsets
Install Arata rearsets
Set suspension settings, Rebound, Compresson, Preload, ...
Install Neon lights
Change headlight bulbs
Replace/repair cracked oil pan
Lower your bike
Rebuild forks
Install swingarm

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looking for a how to install a remote garage door opener to my highbeam... the radio shack way... going and buying the parts and riggin' it up

thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
rebound and compression one done... if you need a howto on replacing your rearsets you should probably find a new site... its only 2 allen bolts and 1 that holds the shifter... and use 2 wrenches to under the shifter rod from the shifter and the other side is similar... no howto needed for stupid things :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm trying to remove the AIS from my '05 r6, and I'm wondering how to remove the air box. it looks like it's screwed on from the bottom and I don't want to jack it up. Thank in advance for the help!!

1 - 20 of 254 Posts