R6 Message Net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gi guys. I've got a GSX-R 600 now but my gf's been riding it all the time and wants the bike. So I've been looking for another bike that I'll use. I found an 02 R6 Raven with 8000kms (4800 miles) and it has the following:
wrp high mount carbon fiber exhaust
galfer steel braided brake lines - front and rear
520 conversion, did gold chain
vortex front and rear sprockets -1 +2
ohlins rear shock
integrated rear signals
zero gravity windscreen
rear spools

What should I look out for? I'm hesitent to buy an R6 because I've heard of a lot of tranny problems. Should I be worried? I just use it as a daily driver. I won't be using it for stunts or track days.
Please let me know asap as I will be buying a bike this week and it's between an 04 gixxer 600 and this R6.

Thanks,

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
dont worry about the tranny problems. its really not all that bad. iv dealt with it for 2 years now and its only 1 gear.

as a daily driver it will be perfect! the bike is the most comfortable i've ever ridden Thanks to the seat).

to figure out if it even has the second gear problem just put it in second and crank it open, it'll hesitate or stutter around 8-10k rpms or higher

to me its a good bike especially with all those mods already on it. the ohlins rear alone is worth a lot.

jump on it dude!

·
48 Posts
I own an 03 R6 silver/black and love it. I'm over 6ft and very comfortable, and it loves the twisties. I'd say its a great alround bike, and for a 600 is usefull down as low as 4000 rpm and will do 15,000 with a twist. I love it. I'd say get it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agreed, I have an 03 with 16,000 miles and it's still runs HARD. I've been very pleased, I'm 6'3" and fit well on the bike. Power is sweet and so far very reliable. Good luck!

·
Registered
881 Posts
05 + only raven bikes. Doesn't mean the plastics haven't been switched. Has it been wrecked?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.