R6 Message Net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend's son had his 05 r6 stolen right from his apartment complex parked outside. (Never would've thought?:rolleyes:) this was in st.lucie county, ft.pierce, florida.

Blue 05' r6, low miles less than 6 months old, termignoni Carbon fiber exhast, with CF triple tree cover. I'll post some more detailed info tomorrow.

I know, fat chance of finding it...:thumbdown

·
Registered
241 Posts
Last week on Two Wheel Tuesday they did a special on stolen bike that's there favorite place is apartments there so much noise that people learn to tune it out. They like the gated community mostly people think they are safe. They have a girl act like she is locked out of her car so the security will help her, then the other group just loads the truck with bikes. The thieves only charge $100 for ever 100cc.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ Saw that. Very intresting segment. 370lb to 400lb wet bike is not that hard to man handle in a van or back of pick up between 3 to 4 able body guys.

When I lived in a condo for about a year while my house was being built, the bike stayed in storage or inside in the patio. Never in veiw or in the parking lot. Sad thing is, 2 weeks ago, I was talking to him about the much needed insurance for his street bike and that he should make an effort put his bike indoors, at a different location or inside his apartment. Oh yeah, NO INSURANCE.

·
VSISAPUNKBITCH!
4,499 Posts
i had two of our bikes almost stolen. one day i found the kryptonite cable and lock missing at my old appt complex. after that, we never stored them there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts