R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an 01 r6 with 6800 miles, it was a prity good deal but i keep finding little BS. i just found out thet he spliced the aftermarket turn signals directly to the headlights!!!:mad: i can at least get to the wires in the front but i havent started trying to tare of the undertale and i cant even see the reer ones, but they are aperently wired to the tail brake lights. what the hell is up with this?? i have never messed with wiring before so i am in way over my head! the signal switch doesnt even light up the dummy light on the dash, is this because they are not wired to the switch, or is it probly broken and thats why he did what he did? i know somewhere there has to be a regulator to make the blinkers blink, where is that at?? as you can see i have no idea what to do with my NEW bike!!:sick i know it cant be hard to do, peaple do it all the time, and i have every bit of faith that i can do it but i just need an idea how.
THANKS A LOT for any help you can provide!!!:thumbup

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Please try to post in the proper sections in the future.

When you take the mid fairings off you should be able to see 3 connectors that are not connected to anything. Those are supposed to be used for the front blinkers.

Dont assume the rear are the same. Take it apart and be sure.

Yes, the reason the light on the guages doesnt work is because the blinkers are not hooked up properly.

Do the blinkers even blink?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, im new on here and figured blinkers were prity general:thumbup

no they dont blink, they are just spliced to the power wires on the head and tail lights so they are always on they arent conected to the diode or whatever you call the things that make them blink.

thanks for the info, any more would still be apreciated, i havent started tareing much plastic off yet cuz i'm goin back to school tomorow and dont want loose pieces to get broken. lookes like a christmas time project.

·
Converted to the Darkside
175 Posts
ummm, the front ones are running lights as well and are supposed to always be on. the flasher relay is a little box, about an inch cubed, under your seat in the battery tray. its black.

if buddy put on LED blinkers and they're not working, they're different than the bulb type, and have a much lower draw, possibly requiring the rewiring you mention. if they don't blink and they're LED, then there's not enough load put on them for the stock, load dependant flasher relay to work. you can buy a load-independant flasher relay or paint a turn signal bulb black and wire it in-line and this should have enough draw to make the aftermarket LED ones work.

oh the stock set up has 3 wires going to your front turn signals, running light/ground/signal flash

the rear don't have the running lights, so they just have ground/signal flash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts