R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, from what I know, the headlights on most bikes, and this '04 R6 are supposed to turn on when the ignition is switched ON. Off briefly when the bike is cranking, and on again when the bike is running... Correct???

I took off the fairing stay on this R6, with the headlight and cluster still attached and disconnected it from the main harness. (Two connectors)

After replacing the fairing stay, with headlight and cluster still attached, and reconnecting those two connectors: Now the headlights do NOT turn on when the ignition is in the ON position, however the low beam and high beam, signals do work when the bike is running. Also the front indicators do not stay lit up, they only flash when signaling a turn....

I've never really payed attention to turning the bike on because it's so repetitive but now when I turn it on it seems wrong... I think I remember the headlight turning on when I put the bike on the ON position before starting the engine.

Anyone know whats going on??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok, from what I know, the headlights on most bikes, and this '04 R6 are supposed to turn on when the ignition is switched ON. Off briefly when the bike is cranking, and on again when the bike is running... Correct???

I took off the fairing stay on this R6, with the headlight and cluster still attached and disconnected it from the main harness. (Two connectors)

After replacing the fairing stay, with headlight and cluster still attached, and reconnecting those two connectors: Now the headlights do NOT turn on when the ignition is in the ON position, however the low beam and high beam, signals do work when the bike is running. Also the front indicators do not stay lit up, they only flash when signaling a turn....

I've never really payed attention to turning the bike on because it's so repetitive but now when I turn it on it seems wrong... I think I remember the headlight turning on when I put the bike on the ON position before starting the engine.

Anyone know whats going on??
hey Muffin's !!
; )

not sure about the R6, cuz barely used the street upper since i got it,
but I do remember on the 636 when you first turn the ignition to "ON" but not yet started the engine the healight (lowbeam) won't be on, but once you start the motor the light will be on, and also after you've hit the kill-switch and not yet turned off the ignition the light will remain on .. I'm guessing would be similar for the R6 but not sure ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts