R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I have managed to find back roads to everywhere I need to go, but the few times where I have to turn out I seem to be a little close to the yellow lines in the middle of the road. Of course I am turning with no traffic coming in either direction, but is there something else I could be doing to have a tighter turn?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I believe the correct way to make a left turn from a stop is:

1. Since you are in the left lane you should already be in the right tire track (correct blocking position)
2. Proceed to make your turn STAYING in the right tire track
3. Complete the turn turn entering the new street in the left lane, right tire track

A tip to help you from drifting to the inside during the turn is to initiate the turn a little later.

·
Albert Hoffman
767 Posts
Yup, and don't keep a death grip on the grips. Keep it loose, so the bars are easier to manuever than you trying to hold them back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the BIGGEST thing that helped me, as explained before, is to "look where you want to go." It feels unnatural and awkward but it really does work. Also, just a thought-- when I got my first bike, it had a sort of worn front tire on it, when I got a new front tire on it, it changed the handeling tremendously and was much much easier to turn, especially at low speeds.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you arent taking the turn very hard, lean your bike and not your body. Keep your body upright and lean the bike underneath you as opposed to leaning with the bike like you would in a high speed turn. This should decrease your turn radius, just dont do it too much so that the bike falls under you.

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
sometimes it helps if you start out going straight for a bit first, then make your turn. that way you have a little speed built up before you start turning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you know, everytime I post a question in this section 12 or so people come in with the msf course. Should I put yes I have taken the course in my sig, cause it seems as though that might get better responses than the above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts