R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my motor out,to do my valves and from what I can see and what my friends have told me iam running way to lean.Can the valves out of spec. make it lean? Its an 04 r6 no mods just cut my exhust down,the inside my exhust ports are snow white and 2in. into my headers are too.I know we dont have an O2 senser so the ecu doesnt measure the exhust gas so does that mean the fuel map will not change?other then getting a power commander is there any way to rich it.I have looked at the how-to with the co1-4 but theres to much talk if it works or not.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
redR62004 said:
iam checking the valves today.I dont think I need the pc because its not moded.

:umm

just cut my exhust down
That is a mod dude.. you have changed the flow characteristics of your pipe, increasing flow, and thus are now running lean.

You need a pc3 to fix it.

Out of spec valves wont cause it to run lean because that is an a/f ratio issuse, not a timing issue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the fast reponse,my friend has fmf exhust and didnt put in a pc and he has alot of carbon coming out,my pipe is dry no black crap at all.I got 30,000 miles on it.It runs good but Ive been getting a burning smell like rubber.If the valvesare out of spec. what would i notice?

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
redR62004 said:
thanks for the fast reponse,my friend has fmf exhust and didnt put in a pc and he has alot of carbon coming out,my pipe is dry no black crap at all.I got 30,000 miles on it.It runs good but Ive been getting a burning smell like rubber.If the valvesare out of spec. what would i notice?

30k mi is well over due for a valve check...

You'll notice sluggish throttle response, rought bouncy idle, things like that.

Alot of carbon coming out? Is he burning oil?

Anytime you change the air flow you should change the fuel flow. It doesnt matter how much you change it, any change should be compensated on the other side.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well just got done doing the valves and my intake are right on to the manual and the exhust are a little tight but in spec to the manual.I change my oil every 3,000 miles and never go higher then 13,000rpms.I dont get it they should be out of spec.?My idle is bad?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts