1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From RoadRacerX

Biaggi to Kawasaki?
-breaking news-

Our friend Tim Claridge just checked in from England with news that British weekly Motor Cycle News is reporting that Max Biaggi looks likely to be riding a Kawasaki ZX-RR in next year’s MotoGP championship. As has already been reported, Biaggi looks to have worn out his welcome with both Honda and Yamaha, and Camel—a personal sponsor of Biaggi’s—is said to have offered both Suzuki and Kawasaki a rumored £6 - 7 million ($10 – 12 million) to run Biaggi on their bikes. That part isn’t really news, nor is Suzuki’s declining the offer in order to focus on riders John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen. Kawasaki apparently declined Camel’s offer to run Biaggi in a satellite team on a third bike in complete Camel colors, but MCN is reporting that the company would be interested in running Biaggi as a third rider on their factory team (which already employs Shinya Nakano and Randy De Puniet). All three riders would apparently run in green and yellow colors, with Camel branding where allowed. Stay tuned to see whether or not MCN got it right, but with the article quoting team manager Harald Eckl, it looks to be more than just a crazy rumor.

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
Haha, the Roman Empress is going to be lovin' life on the Kwak.....

·
Registered
989 Posts
Steptoe190 said:
"If Rossi can do it on the Yamaha....." :rollin

:rollin now thats funny

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Its going to be interesting to see if Kawasaki will run another color bike other than green... it's their signature... and remember, kawasaki doesnt race to sell motorcycles (like yamaha, honda, and suzuki do), they use it to promote all their other products.

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
Joking aside, I don't think we've seen the end of Max.

Granted, he won't be fighting for a top 5 place if he's on a Kwak, but I wouldn't mind betting consistant top 10s. Hmmm...might be worth starting off the motogpmanager.com season with him if he's cheap.

(hope no-one revives this thread at the end of next season!)

·
Woody Racing #409
1,311 Posts
ok i don't know about him fighting for top 10, I mean he had some finishes lower than that on the freakin RC211V! I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near competetive, but I could be wrong, maybe he will be ok

·
Aussie Race Fan
249 Posts
Biaggi is a great rider, i'm glad he's still racing.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
asphaltpilot said:
It'll be great if Nakano owns Biaggi in the standings.
I agree. Nakano deserves better. I think he has learned to adapt to the 990 bikes. He was a great 250 rider and the switch from 500 to 990 killed his career due to slower adaptations, just like McCoy and Jacque. But Nakano sometimes surprise me at Michelin tracks but then he did perform rather blah at Bridgestone tracks this year. I really hope that Nakano will get noticed next year and transfer to Honda on the smaller 800 bikes!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
The question to ask is has Biatchi learned not to bitch and cry so much???

·
Registered
774 Posts
SMUboi said:
I agree. Nakano deserves better. I think he has learned to adapt to the 990 bikes. He was a great 250 rider and the switch from 500 to 990 killed his career due to slower adaptations, just like McCoy and Jacque. But Nakano sometimes surprise me at Michelin tracks but then he did perform rather blah at Bridgestone tracks this year. I really hope that Nakano will get noticed next year and transfer to Honda on the smaller 800 bikes!!!
mccoy's only 990 rides were on the kawi and aprilia. the kawi was terrible then and the aprilia... well... no need to talk about that bike. his style was so fun to watch but it only worked for a very short time and he got way too hurt.

nakano and pedrosa will dominate the 800cc bikes. i'm sure barros, checa, gibernau, capirossi, and biaggi will all be out of the class in 2007 and replaced with much younger, smaller riders. well maybe not little capirossi :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
drunksteve said:
mccoy's only 990 rides were on the kawi and aprilia. the kawi was terrible then and the aprilia... well... no need to talk about that bike. his style was so fun to watch but it only worked for a very short time and he got way too hurt.

nakano and pedrosa will dominate the 800cc bikes. i'm sure barros, checa, gibernau, capirossi, and biaggi will all be out of the class in 2007 and replaced with much younger, smaller riders. well maybe not little capirossi :)
Well, Colin Edwards rode for Aprilia too but he moved up. I agree, it was McCoy's style that hurt him the most. Again, he just didn't get a chance to adapt to it quickly and coupled with injuries, the rest was history.

I haven't seen anyone riding for Kawa and then moving up or at least I don't remember. If Biaggi joins Kawasaki, it would be the end of his career. Plus, didn't I read somewhere that if one Japanese factory cut Biaggi out b/c of his remark/disloyalty, other factories aren't particularly keen on signing him as well? I mean, Kawa doesn't need any money.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts