R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to ride Laguna in March, any tips or suggestions? It is going to be a huge difference from Loudon, I know that much.

·
554 Posts
BEWARE of the corkscrew...other than that, have a great time. LUCKYYYYYYYYYY!

j/p, I haven't ridden there, but it is definitely one of my 2006 track day stops. Track is awesome and looks so good to ride. :thumbup

·
Registered
237 Posts
who's running that track day?
i'd like to do laguna myself sometime.

btw, keep your stock exhaust. they have a noise restriction at laguna.

alex

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
California Superbike School, be riding one of their bikes so I should be okay for the exhaust. I've heard mixed reviews about the school but it seemed like the only way i was going to ride laguna.

·
MotoHead
193 Posts
I did Cal Superbike School Level I at Laguna Seca. It was a freaking blast. I also road their bike, as I flew there from PA.

Tips:
- The entry to the corkscrew is blind beacuse you will be coming up the hill. Learn the markers early, and go in gingerly for the first session. There was a big money squid with a $100K rig, brand new 998, ALL the goodies, ALL brand new...looked like a Ducati Commercial. Anyway, he overshot the corkscrew FIRST LAP!!! Ran off into the grass upright, turned to head down the hill and get back on the track, but saw other riders on track, so he had to dump it...it flipped it's way down the hill, and he was done for the day. Cost me about 8 laps of track time!

- You'll probably end up making turns 2 & 3 a single apex late in the day...fun

- Rainey corner is a BLAST...and fast.

- Assuming you havent done CSS yet, so be prepared for an interesting day, especially the first riding session whne they tell you you're not allowed to use your brakes. If this is your first riding school you will get a lot out of it...beleive me.

I'll be curious how you like it so update when you get back...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts