R6 Message Net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I cannot think of where to begin. Occasionally, you find that good place to deal with, like a Cal-Sportbike, US Superbikes or Solomoto, and you instantly get this outstanding customer service like you are their first customer and they want to go 200% to make that first sale.

Wayne and his team at Komodo have made the list for me. First off, I never named dropped so to their knowledge I am just Shawn.

To start the story off right, I found Komodo through the WERA website and I really liked the look and features of their MESA series suit...And I found the price was very reasonable for what they offered in a suit. So I found a vendor and purchased a silver size 44 at the end of January. I was forewarned of the probability of a short 20 day turnaround time. For a medium sized company it's just not possible to constantly to stock suits in all sizes and colors.

A little more than a week ago, I got a phone call at home from Wayne of Komodo in reference to my suit. Unfortunantly, silver size 44 is back ordered and he wanted to give me the opportunity to chose either to be on a 30-45 day backorder, cancel my order, OR he could get me any other color or size out to me immediately. We discussed the options and we decided it might be worth it to try a size 42 since I am right between a 42 and a 44. Some suits I am good in a 42 and some I have to wear a 44 just because I am built wide at the shoulders and silm through out the rest.

So he promptly sent me out a size 42 in silver which arrived today as promised. I won't touch on the quality of the suit just yet, I'll save that for a second. Unfortunantly, the suit fit absolutely perfect, except the shoulders were a little too tight to risk gaining a few pounds and out growing or busting a seam. So I called Komodo and Wayne immediately offer to keep his word on allowing me to return it and look towards another option with this situation.

After a short conversation I decided I would gladly accept a different color in size 44 rather than using my current suit (which is spoken for). He offered to go ahead and ship my suit out tomorrow knowing that I have a trackday in less than a week and I would like to sport his leathers.

His entire staff that I dealt with were amazing. One of the guys even remembered me today when I called back rather than giving the same old "One second while I drag out the orders and find yours." And to me that shows they care about the customers when they can remember their name, where they are from and what their situation is.

So to cut the customers service post short, I give them a huge amount of respect and a Wessinger :thumbup :thumbup

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ON to the suit construction. It's well layed out to say the least. Before I try any suit on, I always check the protection out and see exactly what it has and I also make sure it's situated properly.

I'll start at the top and work my way down on the protection. First it has a typical Aero hump full of temper foam to provide a little cushion, below the hump is another soft foam padding. On the shoulders there is an external hard shell of armor, then inside is the CE style shoulder pads, hmm 2 layers of thick protection. Then the elbows had the same, hard outside and another CE pad inside, now at this point I am kinda scratching my head thinking "wow they really put a lot of padding in this" So I check the knee/shin and hell yes more double layered armor. Now I did skip the fact it has high density foam in impact zones like the chest, tail bone and hip. However, I personally have yet to see a suit with such extreme thought and detail in to protection, yet the suit didn't appear bulky, it didn't feel to bulky when I tried it on but considering it wasn't the proper size I cannot give my 100% evaluation, but as soon as I have it trust that I will let you guys and gals know immediately.

The Mesa line is perforated and has Komodo air vents to help pull in air near the shoulders/neck. It has increased ventilation capabilities through 2 zippers that you can open up to allow more air to pull. When I have the proper size I will compare it's ventilation to a SMX Air-Flo jacket. It also has a dual zipper front which made getting the suit on relatively easy, even if it wasn't a good size for me.

The stretch zones really had stretch to them rather than just a little give, which really impressed me because so many companies out there say "Oh yea we have strech zones" but they are just a few millimeters of give not true stretch.

Overall I am impressed with the suits stiching, however, time is the true test of stitching and time is something I haven't had. The brand label layout is very tasteful and leaves room for those of you that have a sponsorship requirement to have patches displayed on the suit for all races.

Komodo also offers a full line of boots, gloves, jackets (sport and cruiser) and various lines of suits including custom tailored suits for those interested they can be found at

www.komodogear.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Could you give me an update on your suit? My Komodo Pro's should be in this week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
eventnick said:
^ he sold his bike.
Thanks. He actually PM'ed me...the suit and him never worked out (size). So maybe I'll be chiming in with my own review. lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got a Meso suit from them about three months ago, and could not be happier with the suit. The construction is excellent, and the amount and placement of the armour is amazing. It does feel a little bulky compared to my two piece Teknic suit I was wearing, but then again, I feel that if I go down in this suit, I will be fully protected. I never felt that way in the two piece (mainly because of the pants). That is the purpose of any suit, right. So with that said, I have nothing but praise for this suit. The suit also vents fairly well, and with the two zippers in the front, is pretty easy to get off and on (for a one piece suit). Bottom line, would I buy another Komodo suit, absolutely. The customer support is also top notch. As you can tell by my rambling, I am fully satisfied with the whole Komodo experience.

·
Gixxer rider
2,939 Posts
Volition said:
I don't get their logo, wtf is that? I'm assuming it's a Komodo but i don't see it.
Its a komodo dragon facing you with its back bent around a little and fire/tounge sticking out of its mouth.

·
I am Jack's Doctor
2,883 Posts
Saeid (a California section regular) has a Komodo 1 pc. and speaks very highly of it. He should see this thread.... hmmmm

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I purchased my 02 R6 back in July of 06. I was still a rookie at the time, but I had the smarts to atleast buy a jacket, boots, and nice reliable helmet. I never really thought of buying a full once piece suit until I started riding more and finally hit Telegrapgh Canyon... My very first canyon run... I noticed that alot of riders had one piece suits. Most would wear their gear religiously, which is the way gear should be worn. Most had the usual, A*, MotoGP, SIDI, etc...
I started riding more so I needed to upgrade and get more gear. I made it to House of Motorcycles and started to shop around for a one piece. I first wanted a MotoGp kangaroo skin suit, but for some reason, the suits just aren't made for average to big or bulky people. I tried on the A*, and a few others, but none really impressed me. I was on my way out the door when I noticed the Komodo suit just chilln in the back room. I walked over there and immediately noticed the double stiching EVERYWHERE. There as more padding in that one suit than any other top shelf suit out there. Padding and armour everywhere that is totally necassary. I've had this suit for a few months now and have about maybe 3000 miles on it, plus one track day... Let me tell you guys, this suit not only gets me alot of compliments from others who are wearing suits themselves, but the thing just feels right. It has alot of stretch, but fits like a nice tight glove. I would highly recommend this suit to anyone.

Here is where I bought my suit, and fellas, we all know how expensive those top named brand suits can be... Check out the price on these, for the amount of protection your getting, and the amount of money you will be saving, I seriously doubt you could find a better deal out there... http://www.houseofmotorcycles.com/e...314037_keyword_komodo.Komodo_1_piece_suit.htm

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
komodo suits sound like an amazing product... but i wouldnt buy at house of motorcycles at all.. when i was shopping for my 05 r6 they treated me like i wasnt there and only talked to me when i was about to leave and gave me all kinds of bs run around... i will never go to those guys again.. National city motorcycle FTW!

·
gets me every time...lol
1,625 Posts
saied...man, that write up made wanna get another suit. you'd make an awesome salesman. IM SOLD!!

but really, ive seen his suit in person, and its pretty sick. its one of the those darkhorse brands that will surprise you with its quality of construction.

·
Registered
61 Posts
id like to get one so i can feel buff with 4 packs.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Any other comments on suit fit? How it might run comparatively to other suits or what sizing guidelines they gave you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts