R6 Message Net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the kickstand kills the engine while im in gear and it goes down which it does the switch works BUT if the bike is in neutral and I want to leave it warming up on the stand I cant the kickstand kills the engine. My neutral works but the light never did. Nothing is wrong with the neutral indicator line but I cant take the switch off as its bolted to the damn tranny.. Any ideas and help getting the thing off to check

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
are you for sure its in neutral? so you can hold the bike up (no kickstand) and clutch out and it still runs but as soon as you put the kickstand down it kills it. is that correct?

i would test the kickstand switch, even though it may work in gear. even if it is listed as good, i would look into getting a new switch off of mrcycles.com depending on the price. also make sure its clean i know mine gets a ton of dirt and deposits from the engine since my runoff hoses run into that area.

the kickstand switch if you don't know is the wire that comes off the kickstand pretty easy to find. also trace the wire from there to where it connects to and check that point. and again from that point test all stops/plugs/etc until you get to an ending point.

sounds like you got a lot of trouble with this bike, but don't worry i had to work the bugs out of mine for a while before it was trustworthy again (i had to replace the ENTIRE electrical system, shorts everywhere from a guy who tried to repair his electrical but didn't know what he was doing) lights would go on and off randomly, instrument cluster would go crazy etc...

don't worry bud!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot man yea its a great project for me. When the bike is up right and stand is up it starts fine in neutral with clutch out, then I put it in 1st and its fine but when in gear and the stand goes down it cuts out which is right BUT when I am in neutral it does the same thing. I thought it may be the neutral indicator switch problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn thing is seized in and I dont have anything to heat it up, dont wanna snap the bolt in there and thats it im done. Gonna heat it up the best I can check it cause that might be the problem. the kickstand switch is all working fine and I cleaned the whole unit and the stand its spotless, The guy moved the little bracket which touches the switch down to make sure it didnt work thats what happend in the first place. Also my steering is off is there anyway for me to straighten it? when i have the bars straight the wheel points a bit to the left when ur looking down at it while sitting on the bike

·
Registered
117 Posts
damn thing is seized in and I dont have anything to heat it up, dont wanna snap the bolt in there and thats it im done. Gonna heat it up the best I can check it cause that might be the problem. the kickstand switch is all working fine and I cleaned the whole unit and the stand its spotless, The guy moved the little bracket which touches the switch down to make sure it didnt work thats what happend in the first place. Also my steering is off is there anyway for me to straighten it? when i have the bars straight the wheel points a bit to the left when ur looking down at it while sitting on the bike
hmmm, i don't know if I would heat those aluminum parts too much ..
on the back of the kickstand bracket you should have a switch that
gets pushed to the "closed" position when your stand is down, and
fromt he sounds of it the switch has been removed or relocated (that's
what I did with mine - relocated to the frame to keep out of the way
when taking off my stand for the track) .. see if the switch is there
before moving anything (or heating anything) and check if it was spliced
if it is there ..
check the forks if they ride ride straight (don't change it just by looking
if nothing felt off when you rode it last) ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts