R6 Message Net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can clutch up second every time, but it never seems to stop coming up. If I try to let off the slightest bit I come down. The one time I really got brave and tried to see if it would level off I landed on my ass. Whats the best way to control wheelie highth? I don't like the idea of riding the rear brake through the whole wheelie.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
damn they ain't giving you no love homie. search around a bit, but i'll help you out. you might've ended up on your ass for other reasons. but i can tell you without even knowing you or your bike that you're letting off when you should be staying on the gas. show us some vids so we could help you on the critiquing.

if you're able to clutch it up on demand, that's good, just gotta make a habit of not chopping that throttle, cause that throws the nice clean blip you made to get it up riiight out. if you hear my clutchups, i'll try and find a vid, you'll hear little to no delay on the gas the second you hear the blip, that's how it should sound. once you're on the gas, stay on it smoothly and consistently, let the rear brake, your body and throttle control do the rest.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I did search, but almost everything on wheelies is how to get them up, which is not my problem. They just seem to keep going up, and up...... When I crashed I was probably aroung 10:00 and it wobbled, but I was also on my way to looping. Watching people pull long ones it just seems they get to a point and just sit nice and level. I can never feel like its going to do that.

·
kaneda!
6,424 Posts
you need to learn more throttle control. you're getting sloppy, that is why you either go end over or it comes down.

must be smooth as butter on the throttle. i would suggest you ride around town more in the higher rpms (7-9) and stay as steady as you can. that will give you a steady hand. trust me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts