R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had let my bike sit for the last couple of weeks and now my battery has seemed to lose its charge.

Ouestion: Am i able to jump start my bike in 2nd gear?

·
Registered
193 Posts
What wentouch said. Also, you may want to get something like a battery tender. I got mine a couple weeks ago and plug it in every time I get home from a ride. I don't ride everyday, but the bike is always ready to start up when needed.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I would also suggest NOT bump starting it and instead just getting a charger. unless go and ride the bike for at least an hour the battery won't really get a good charge and you risk having the battery lose capacity and eventaully just not taking a charge.

bump and jump starting are methods of last resort to get you home. after that you really need to put it on a charger.

·
Registered
282 Posts
speaking of charging, my gs500 just died. can i use a jumper to charge it with my r6? if not would anyone suggest a battery from...walmart?

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
rSix04 said:
speaking of charging, my gs500 just died. can i use a jumper to charge it with my r6? if not would anyone suggest a battery from...walmart?

Walmart battery is fine, I've been using mine on the gs500 for like 3 yrs w/ no issues....

Also, I dont think the R6 battery would have enough juice to turn the GS over... if you have to, hook it up to the car battery, DONT START THE CAR... it should jump then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The same thing happen to me. I called Yamaha the same day and they told me to jump start it using my car battery ...........but don't turn the car on:thumbdown , just use the power already in the battery. It enough to start the bike. Then ride it for about an hour or two. I had no problems since then:wink

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks dudes.....much appreciated!!!

im going to get a tender......i've been meaning too but i got lazy:myfault

1 - 11 of 11 Posts