R6 Message Net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a Factory jet kit over the winter. I checked with the local shop here and was told they would charge $265 over the cost of the kit to do the job.

I'm looking for info/insight from anyone who has installed one, how easy/difficult a job is this? I'm sure I could do the job myself, but I just don't know how easy it is to F-up a job like this.

Anyone have any tips...suggestions....words of wisdom??

Thanks

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Its easy to screw it up... and its a bit more difficult than just putting stuff in and taking stuff out, because you have to actually tune it...

If you have patience and mechanical skills, do it yourself. :)

Alot of us on here can help out, along with the search button. :wink

Congrats on the Factory kit!! You get a 1.0 or 1.7?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Thrak....

I have not got the kit just yet. I thought the smart thing to do would be to ask here before I proceeded in any one direction. I was thinking of the configuration 1.0 kit. I have a Micron high mount and it pops pretty bad on decel.

That is really the only related mod I have on the bike. I just want to stop the poping and smooth out the response.

I've got the skills and patience to do the job, I just have no practical experience working on carbs. This is the main reason I posted the question here before I started the work.

Thanks again

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Yeah, as long as you take your time, and read the instruction that come with the kit, you'll be fine.

The instructions that come with the Factory kits are great, they explain what to do in many different configurations, and if you study that for a bit before you dive in you'll get it setup great! :thumbup

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
I suggest paying the 265 to install the kit since the tuning should already be included in that price. The 1.0 kit should be an easy install for the tuner. I paid a lil over 200 to have my factory 1.7 kit to be installed and that includes drilling and tapping into the carbs and then tuning. While you're at it, look into velocity stacks, ignition advancer, using a stock 03 filter and header. better to tun just once.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

I've got some time to think about it. Not really planing on doing the deed until after the 1st of the year. Some good things to think about though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts