R6 Message Net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been too damn lazy and finally got around to winterizing my bike today... well actually still have to clean it but just did the oil change, fueled it, added stabil etc etc....But got to thinking, hell if I want to ride, is it that bad for the bike? Also I've still gotta lube my chain up but obvisouly if I want it done right, I've got to ride it to heat the chain, right? I tried putting it on a stand and putting it in first but that didn't do much. So what I want to know and if you experts can tell me, is it going to be that bad for the bike since I just changed the oil and added stabil to the fuel if I go go riding for a 10-15 minutes to heat the chain or is it not that big of a deal?

·
Registered
376 Posts
No it wont hurt at all.Like was said if you use alot of gas then add more stabilizer.If you only use alittle gas then just fill it back up & your good. Lubing your chain warm is better because it will help the lube stick more to the chain & not fling off as much but it doesnt have to be warm if your just storing it.No need to re-change the oil.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, exactly how much stabilizer are you suppose to add to the gas? Mine says its good for 20 gallons but I think the tank is only 3.5gal? So taht would be a couple of ounces right? B/c on the label it says if you're storing it for a while that you're suppose to double the dosage of stabilzer recommended.

·
Registered
146 Posts
dude ... use ur head man find out how many ounces its using per gallon and then add up to 4.5 gallons or however many your bike holds... if the container is 20 ounces and it says use that all for a 20 gallon tank??? 20/20 = 1 ounce to the gallon just an example idk what yours is but same logic..divide to find out how many ounces per gallon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts