R6 Message Net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went from an 04 R6 (didnt have inverted forks) to an 05 gsxr750 (has inverted forks)

I can see the difference, literally, its inverted but what was the engineering goal by doing that. Whats the difference all around?

also im not mechanically inclined and dont know the difference between the clutch types. Whats the difference between

Suzuki's 750
and the R6

Not really the more obvious things like bigger engine size, taller, wider etc. I mean more towards: the difference in the drive train or clutches, suspension, brakes, etc.

any thoughts?

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Both clutches should be wet clutches, just one may be easier or harder to pull..

On the forks, bikes have gone to inverted forks because they are stiffer. Insead of the longest piece being the rod that moves inside the fork, the actual fork tube is the longest piece. Therefore b/c the fork tube is larger it is stronger which equals stiffer.

·
#1 Blind
82 Posts
Natemare13 said:
So I went from an 04 R6 (didnt have inverted forks) to an 05 gsxr750 (has inverted forks)

I can see the difference, literally, its inverted but what was the engineering goal by doing that. Whats the difference all around?

also im not mechanically inclined and dont know the difference between the clutch types. Whats the difference between

Suzuki's 750
and the R6

Not really the more obvious things like bigger engine size, taller, wider etc. I mean more towards: the difference in the drive train or clutches, suspension, brakes, etc.

any thoughts?
Well, inverted forks give more rigidity, and supposedly add some weight.
Does your bike have an hydraulic clutch?
If so, the difference is that you don't have to adjust the free play, and it's more or less "mantainance free". You DO NOT want your hydraulic clutch to fail though - or so i heard, all my bikes had cables. It is also heavier than the cable assembly, for obvious reasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts