R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6:00 last night, my prime riding buddy was riding from work to go meet some friends for dinner on his R6. He was coming through a 4-way intersection, when the young kid in a car in opposing lanes decided not to yield to the oncoming traffic and gunned it. Needless to say, my friend had no choice went from 50 to 15 in about a second and slammed into the kids car... he went flying about 30 feet over the car, hit the deck and then got back up and stormed over to bitch the kid out. Luckily, there was a cop across the street already writing a ticket and came over to help. The first thing my friend asked the cop was if he could go pick up his bike and get it out of the road, crazy.

The kid got a ticket for failure to yield. My friend, besides his bike being totalled, he had a sore back and some very minor scrapes on his leg... otherwise, was perfectly fine. He was wearing an Icon TiMax jacket and jeans... if it wasn't for the jacket his new sleeve tattoo would of been on the asphalt. In any case, I hope the kids insurance will get my boy a new bike or something. Wear your gear!

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
he should not have got up so fast, I bet thats why he got a ticket, :2cents

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
oh, then he can sue for every penny,he still should not have got up and waited for meat wagon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Man, the damn drivers around here seem to love to do that kind of stuff. They pull in front of you to make a left and freak out when they see you. No real close calls for me yet but it's frustrating. That and i keep having dreams that this is happening and i wake up right before hand. I don't like those.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
same exact story as me. cut off at an intersection, went flying, there was another accident on the other side of the street. i went flying too, ate some asphalt, but i was alright. after i had gathered my mind and realized i was ok, i was havin a shit attack about the bike.

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
That sucks, I'm glad your buddy is alright. He should have get himself checked out, just in case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts