R6 Message Net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have learned a lot on this wonderful forum so far. I'm now ready to start doing mods to my 2008 r6. I have purchased some prewired flush mounts. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for instructions or videos on how to install them, and have had no success so far. I've seen links on here, but none of them seem to work anymore. Does anyone know where I might find some instructions on installing them? I mainly need help in removing the fairing so I can install them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first bike so I'm pretty excited about making it "mine".

Vassago

·
Registered
20 Posts
check the manual for removing the side fairings usually simple bolts but not sure on the new bikes. check your flush mounts if they are leds that simply screw or bolt on they should have two connections one fore ground one for flasher. just match them up with the bikes stock connectors. Depending on the flushmounts you may have to do a bit of modifying but try and avoid it. I have a 2001 and simply plug in and bolt them threw the side fairing. Also check under HOW TO for a manual if you dont have one.

·
fok mi
169 Posts
When I installed my Graves Flushies on my '08 all I did was removed the inside panels (inside the front tire fender area) once I had those pieces out I just had to get my wrench in and was able to replace them without removing any of the outer fairings. I tried making it way more complicated then it was.

i believe it'd be part 85 and 88 in the schematic is all i removed when i did my flushies.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can't promise you that this little explaination will work, but if the fairings on the 08 are the same as the 07 here you go. I also don't have my bike infront of me so be careful and double check things like number of screws.

First remove the mid fairings, all screws are visible from the outside. You will also have a couple of the plastic pressure fittings, so be carefull to no scratch your paint when trying to pry.

Next (and only if you have to again not sure what the 08 looks like inside) remove all screws for lower faring and pull apart to give yourself some room between you hand, tools, and the engine.

Next reach your hand down inside the lower fairing and find the small nut that goes through the fairing and holds you blinker in place. Use a small socket wrench if you can fit it or a cresent wrench to remove it, again be careful.

Carefully remove the blinker from the fairing and pull the wires through.

At this point if you haven't done so yet disconnect the battery.

From here on out you should be able to refer to your flush mount diections as far as wire hook up. Snip wires, tape, crip, whatever. Reconnect battery and check connections. All good??

Reverse all directions:

Place flush mount in proper place and secure with tape or screw depending on what kind you have.

Replace all screws

Replace midfairing and ride your a$$ off.

I appologize for the quick and crude nature of this write-up and I didn't place it in the "How To's" because it's far from well written and I have no photos. I got my flush mounts about 2 months ago and asked the same questions you are and found no answers. This is simply to attempt to help you get them on before the weekend. Good luck and as with all other things you read on the internet be logical about it, don't force anything and ask for help if you need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.