R6 Message Net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 r6 and when I took off the front indicator lights there are three wires per side, black, blue and left side is grey and right side has green. Now I have a set of rumble concepts led flushmounts and the wires are only a black and yellow black for the ground yellow for power. When i plug them in and turn the bike on they just stay on and hardly flash. when the bike is off and ignition is on they are dimm and flash fast cause of the relay. Do I plug the new lights into the black and grey and green or do they go into the blue ones? if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hook blacks to blacks on both sides... then you will need to turn the bike on(ignition only) and make it blink on the side you are trying to hook up. then test the other two wires left and one of them should make it blink and that is the wire that you wanna use. do the same thing for the other side and you should be good. i have mine hooked up on my 01 R6 like this... blacks to blacks on both sides... (looking at the front of the bike) the right side i hooked to brown for the flasher and the left side i hooked to green for the flasher. the blue is for constant power so that the lights will stay on constant. after you do this it will blink fast there is no getting around that unless you have flush mounts that stay on constant. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
^ right on

the stockers use a three wire system, whereas the aftermarket lights only use two, a ground and flash wire.

just cut the wire you dont use and cap it and your all set :thumbup

and the fast blinking isn't all that bad, i for one like it because it attracts more attention and we need all the attention we can get (minus cops)

·
Registered
92 Posts
blue wire should be running lite just tie it out or the way or something, best thing to do is cut the original conectors off the stock signials and rewire them to the new ones, most aftermarket ones will come with a black and a red wire or some other color but all should come with a black, make sure you got black with black and what other color with the hot wire, the blue wire you can just leave hanging

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.