R6 Message Net banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
just to add my little bit. I have insurance through Drive, a subsidiary of Progressive. for some stupid reason they don't give that much of a discount if you have more than one vehicle through them, they will however give you a good cut if you take a riders safety course. go figure. i went through the local community college for the course but as far as i know information on that can be found at www.msf-usa.org the course is a bit pricey but if you are a first time rider it is quite good. they cover all the written and driving tests so all you have to do at the dmv is get your endorsement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
uk here , not sure how it is stateside , but one company quoted me £650.00 full , next one i rang quoted £350.00 with less " get of paying up clauses" , shop about is the answer

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my very first post and I have USAA, I am looking at getting an R-6 and I was quoted 1200 a year. I have 3 vehicles already through them along with home insurance. My question is how do you guys who have USAA get such a low rate? I am 30 with a clean record, and I am in the military. What gives .... Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im with USAA and they wont even offer bike insurance in Texas. I checked Progressive and Geico having a 2007 R6. It was over 1800 a year for full coverage with 500 deductable. I was gonna pay for my bike twice by the time it was paid for. This is on a clean driving record at age 26. Crazy. I ended up throwing out the full coverage. I know Im taking a chance but I keep the bike in the garage and just hope to avoid the crappy drivers.

Anyone know if Progressive offers a military discount if not who does?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been with USAA for over twenty years. I had insured all of my previous bikes through them, currently have all three of my cars, my boat, two pwcs and the homeowners policy with them. When I bought the R6 in August, I called to add it to the policy. The young lady told me that they no longer insure motorcycles themselves, but instead passed me off to Progressive. Progressive quoted me $4900/yr for full coverage 100/300/300. Thanks but no thanks!

I went with GEICO, pay ~$900/year for full coverage, with a deductible of $1k for comprehensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im a little confused....im a fairly new rider. Bought a used R6 for this reason.

You guys recommend Full coverage insurance.......Cheapest i got was $5K for the year....

UMM why the F*CK would i pay $5K for the year for a bike that cost me $3K and depreciates day by day?

So in a year of paying for full coverage i could have bought another bike instead of paying to insure a used one worth less then $3K. I dont see the smart in that.

State minimum liability + Uninsured Motorists coverage is just fine with me for $200/year. I have full medical coverage by my work dont see why i need it by an auto insurance company. Wouldnt need collision and comprehensive when theyd probably salvage title or total it in an accident just by the price of the fairings alone.

And the bike has lo-jack so im not to worried about theft coverage from my insurance company. Geico already screwed my friend on his CBR600 when it was recovered from theft. Slapped a nice salvage title even though the bike wasnt hurt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got an r6 07 new, I do not have insurance on it cause Im not diving it cuz of the winter bur I was reading and I have a question is it more expensive the insurance for an r6 than any other bike, this my first bike and my first time here hope any body can helpme. thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I had liability on my 06 R6s and it was stolen. It was recovered in fair shape a few months later, but they were the worst few months of my life. I paid off my loan the night before. Next morning, *poof*!

Sidenote: Lojack works :thumbup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just an FYI USAA, for military members, does not have insurance for motorcycles. They are co-company with Progressive. AKA if you're younger than 25, and you have your vehicle insured through USAA, it still doesn't mean that progressive uses that as your "main transportation". AKA meaning you'll pay 400$+ a month.

I'm 22, got quoted by statefarm, geico, usaa, progressive.. Progressive quoted me 422$ a month with out having my main form of transportation through them. State farm is overall the best (IMO). 80$ for my 2008 GMC Canyon, and 66$ a month for my 2009 r6 *all full coverage*. The cheapest i could find. This is with zero tickets, clear record.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
learn the loopholes dude.

im 20 with 1 speeding ticket and i pay 46 a month for full coverage through USAA/Progressive.

make your dad, uncle, whoever you get your usaa through as the main rider and you as secondary and that rate will decrease dramatically.

unless you are active duty then i don't know about that one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
learn the loopholes dude.

im 20 with 1 speeding ticket and i pay 46 a month for full coverage through USAA/Progressive.

make your dad, uncle, whoever you get your usaa through as the main rider and you as secondary and that rate will decrease dramatically.

unless you are active duty then i don't know about that one.
Ya i'm active duty lol. Can't loophole :(

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
is it really cheaper with state-farm for your cars as well?

every time i shopped around USAA was always the cheapest for my car.

and thats not with the loophole.

·
Registered
12 Posts
is it really cheaper with state-farm for your cars as well?

every time i shopped around USAA was always the cheapest for my car.

and thats not with the loophole.
Nah i had to go through statefarm to get my bike insurance below 70$. AKA if i insured only my bike through one company and my vehicle through another. My bike insurance would be 350$+ a month. :( DAMN YOU 25'ERS

·
All Gear All The Time
35 Posts
State Farm A++++

Just low sided my 09 3k miles on it. $3400. All cosmetic (swing arm sliders a must!) but let yamaha fix it anyway. We'll see how my rates are in a few months! $34 a month, $500 deductible. They had the check out in 4 days! I have a clean driving record though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... I posted the crash in the crash forum. Made a total noob move :( Never again! If your in Cali let me know. My rider buddies parents are agents, they hooked me up.

Bryce-

61 - 80 of 123 Posts