R6 Message Net banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
In wisconsin you are not required to have insurance. I don't have it decause for yearly insurance it would run me $3500 for full coverage and $2700 for the cheapest possible insurance. It is the risk i take I know its not smart but if i want to ride its my only option.

Oh who do you get your insurance through HEAVY ROTATION?

·
Venting
1,519 Posts
Just FYI... I was in a bad accident a few months ago and my medical bills have been around $3million. Thank God for my medical insurance!

DO NOT RIDE W/O MEDICAL INSURANCE.

·
Registered
8 Posts
bout to get my first r6, second bike with progressive coverage (first was a kawa 250 ninja that cost me like <300 a year). Progressive quoted me 31 and some change a month, so really not too bad. and thats with 2 tickets in the past 3 years.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ah yes insurance...

Currently I'm riding with liablity only...and while i know you guys are definately against anything but full coverage...lemme just put a little something into perspective. I love seein all these quotes at anywhere from $300-1000 per year for full coverage. I would get full coverage in a heartbeat if that was my cost. I've tried numerous places for quotes and while i have a perfectly clean record i'm still getting quotes for $3.5k - 5.5k per year...Right now i'm paying around $400 per year for liability. Now i Am under 25...so i don't get that huge drop in insurance costs...and i also understand based on your location of residence...will also determine your insurance costs...unfortunately it completely undermines mine. Anyone live in Los Angeles under 25 yrs old who's payin 300/yr for full coverage? If you do please give me your agents name and phone number and i will switch over quicker than you can say "fucking shit that's cheap!" I will fork over any deductible...whether it be $250-1000. I just can't fathom paying 9k for insurance over 2-3 yrs....which is basically the cost of my bike....it just doesn't add up.:kickinnut

·
Registered
34 Posts
Always

I'll never go without full coverage again. My '05 was stolen in late August last year. I gained $2 out of the insurance payout, but fortuinity I had bought a third party insurance dealy for $300 and they paid me an addtional $2500 which lead to my '06.

I'm paying $2400 a year, two speeding tickets, 21, female. I think it's completly worth the $200 a month.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For those of you looking for a cheap insurance route try:

www.bike-line.com

Not a bad company Ive gotten cheap rates there all the time. Just go full coverage and youll have the option to pay quarterly, half and half, or the full year amount. I would just get full coverage and pay either quarter (little more that 3 months) or half (lasts about 6 motnhs) and then switch it down to liability with theft coverage only during the winter season.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I actually did research before I bought one. With three speeding tickets in the past three years, I was pretty much sure that the cost of insurance would make it impossible to buy a bike. But somehow it is only costing me $38/month for full coverage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought my bike a couple of days ago ('06 R6S Raven). My insurance company that I use is Farmers Insurance. I thought that since I have so many policies with them (three houses and two cars) that they would give me a pretty good deal. It only made sense.....they were the cheapest when I was pricing all of the policies I have with them. Well, I called them and they told me full coverage w/ $500 deductible and $100K/$300K medical would be $2400/year. Then I called State Farm.....same coverage and deductible was $230/year. They also told me that it didn't matter if I had other policies with them or not, the price was the same.

Check around....I always thought most policies would be competitive, but sometimes they don't even compare to one another.

PS I am 27, married, and live in Kansas so that helps, but it still shows how wide a range different companies will charge.

·
Registered
666 Posts
yes, state farm usually has the best rates (by far) even when ur opening up your first policy with them. i'm 18 and went with state farm, $43/month on a 2000 r6. full coverage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have state farm and I Pay 26 dollars a month for an 06' R6 and it was stolen after 5 days of having it...they covered the MSRP of 9299 but i was hit with all the taxes better get gap because after 2 years when your bike is work 5 grand you will still owe much more than what it is worth. Also be patient as it will take a good 2 months to get your money back on the bike....Biggest headache I have ever had...but I got may baby back another Blue 06' R6

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I am glad I read this post before I bought my bike. I am in the process of purchasing and am currently getting all sorts of quotes on it. 06 R6 Annv. edition with 300miles.. I am ranging anywhere from $42/month too $1000 per year. I am 26, single and have had one ticket in three years.
Just my .02!

·
Registered
55 Posts
T-Fish said:
I actually did research before I bought one. With three speeding tickets in the past three years, I was pretty much sure that the cost of insurance would make it impossible to buy a bike. But somehow it is only costing me $38/month for full coverage.
How old are you? What insurance do you have? I have 3 tickets in last 3 years and my quotes for comprehensive coverage was about $5000 a year. I did my research before buying the bike and came to the realization if I am going to get a bike, I will only have liability coverage. All my friends told me thats how they afford the insurance on it for themselves as well. Right now I pay $33 a month for liability only. I also only have my permit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok....
so newb doesnt even begin to describe me.
i dont have insurance yet....i dont have a bike yet... i dont have my license yet... i dont even have my permit yet.... me being on here is a little lame you could admit but im doing as much research as possible before i get there. tomorrow i plan on gettin my permit then my license shortly after. i plan on gettin an 07 r1...
no idea what insurance would be like but ive never had a ticket and i heard somethin about military discounts.... do they have those?? any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.
-bryan

41 - 60 of 123 Posts