R6 Message Net banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
my insurance on my bike is through state farm. i got full coverage and its $32 a month...they go by engine size...although the fact that im a college student might be why its so low,because i think im still listed as living with my parents...its odd because one of my buddies said he got quotes near 100+ for his insurance...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Insurance Quote?

Hi, I'm in VA and I filled out an insurance quote thingy online with progressive and it came out to $159/year. But hearing you guys mention full coverage, I figured that's what I should go for. Would full coverage be about twice my quote ($320/year)?

·
Р6 Ме&#
373 Posts
hello, i guess you can see im new to the R6, i just bought my first one a few days ago, i was wondering if anyone knew what the cheapest insurance company is for an R6 (just liability) yeah....... got it cheap and im still in school and cant afford anything expensive, geiko and progressive were in the $350 range :help

im 21 with no tickets or accidents, got any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
im 17, totaled a 1998 integra type r, charged with mesdeamenor for racing, insurance for my r6 will be $127.50 a flipping month lol, yalls entire year is 1 month of mine, thats very interesting huh? lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
jiggaITR said:
im 17, totaled a 1998 integra type r, charged with mesdeamenor for racing, insurance for my r6 will be $127.50 a flipping month lol, yalls entire year is 1 month of mine, thats very interesting huh? lol
In socal at the age of 18 that is about how much i was quoted a month for just liability. Try shopping around cause depending on where you are you might be getting screwed over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i dont understand!!! im 19 and i have a clean history yet i keep getting quotes of $3000 a year!! bullshit im just a college kid...where do i find cheap insurance?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some of you might want to check with local dealers, i know of one locally that offers very compeitive rates on bike insurance, basicly because they only do bike insurance. While this might not be the greatest because you dont have the coverage of a large company like progressive. It is still insurance adn they are legally obligated just like any other company to fofil your policy. I havent got quoted on an R6 yet, but i was told $95 a month for me to ride a Kawi 600 (ZX-6rr) which really isnt all that bad considering my car coverage is 1600 a 6 month period. btw...im 20 and my last ticket just dropped off my record this past month.

·
Registered
137 Posts
HI everyone, i'm new to the forums here as you can probably tell. I pay $20 a month on my new '05 r6 through state farm, but that's with multicar discount too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I was researching my insurance before I bought insurance I was floored

I have a car on progressive and its a little high. I thought by adding a motorcycle to it...it would help......WRONG!!!! They quoted me $5,100 a year for full coverage

I called Geico to see what they could do.....got a quote of $5,700 a year for full coverage

I called State Farm and got a quote of 1,300 a year for full coverage. Needless to say, I went with State Farm and couldnt be happier. Every new rider needs to call State Farm and their prices wont be beat

·
Registered
154 Posts
Geico and State Farm don't insure in MA...I hear pretty good word of mouth about SF...

KO

bryan.allen said:
When I was researching my insurance before I bought insurance I was floored

I have a car on progressive and its a little high. I thought by adding a motorcycle to it...it would help......WRONG!!!! They quoted me $5,100 a year for full coverage

I called Geico to see what they could do.....got a quote of $5,700 a year for full coverage

I called State Farm and got a quote of 1,300 a year for full coverage. Needless to say, I went with State Farm and couldnt be happier. Every new rider needs to call State Farm and their prices wont be beat

·
Registered
12 Posts
riders in the UK give Yamaha Insurance Service a call, did a great job of reducing my premium. 3rd year with them and cant complain, have come up trumps every yr in getting the best policy.

28 yr old in london, garaged at night, 2 yrs no claim... £250!. £700 for 04 R1, tempted you could say that!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
About to by an R6

Yeah so I am about to buy my second R6. I bought my first 2 years ago when I was 20 had full coverage and I was paying crazy money. Well I sold it because I joined the Navy but now I want to get another. I actually bought a Ducati monster because the insurance was about a third of what I used to pay. I liked the Ducati but I always missed my R6, so now it is time. The biggest problem is insurance. I don't want to pay crazy money again. I am living in CA right now and I called USAA before I bought the Ducati and they told me they don't do motorycle insurance, they go through progressive for that. I guess I will try to call State farm. I have only had one ticket which was almost 3 years ago. Insurance is the only thing stopping me from getting another R6. I guess I will try to call USAA again and aske them since some of you say you have it with them

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm 21, college student, and I was also getting quoted at well over $2,400 per year also. I have a clean record. I went through progressive under my mom's insurance and now only pay $1,000 per year for full coverage. Sucks b/c it's still pretty expensive but putting it on my mom's insurance saved a little. Just a note for the fellow students out there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Progressive Full Coverage Insurance $12,000 per year
New York Chain/Disk Lock $300
Alarm with Pager and remote $500

The Only Full Coverage Insurance I can afford,

Priceless

but if u know where i can get cheap full coverage in North Carolina, please please please let me know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hmmm......

Now i've been riding a 700 yamaha virago for about a year and a half. Thats the bike that i learned on and it tought me a lot! But about a month ago, i decided that i needed something more, and i chose a 2000 R6, racing red. I have no coverage because i am to young to afford it and am barely getting by as is. Now your probably thinking, "Well then you shouldn't even ride a bike." Now hear this, i crashed it 4 days after i purchased it. I was on my way to get new tires because the guy who had it before didn't know didly squat about bikes, he was a straight up poser. The rear tire was bad, but not critical, and the front should be changed. I now know that i should've gotten tires the day i got it. but the tires are besides the point. yes, they caused me to crash, my fault. But i learned two extremely large lessons after that crash. 1) Tires make all the difference, don't overestimate them cause they mean sometimes life or death. And 2) there could have been somebody walking right where i crashed and i would have been fucked royally. I got a lot of lectures after that about insurance and all that crap. So i now know that insurance is the greatest thing you could do for not just yourself, but for other people too. I sometimes think about it and i realize that insurance IS for other people. Because i don't care if i crash, i know that i'm gonna be okay, and if i get hurt, i did it doin a fat wheelie goin 95mph.

So i still don't have insurance because i can't afford it, and i still ride my bike because it's my only transportation, rain sleek or shine(definitly not snow, forget that!). But when i ride, it's purely defensive. The whole time, defensive. i only ride aggresive, really aggresive on the track, and i have yet to do it because my bike is still in my garage. But i will eventually get insurance, when i get the job, most likely the military. But insurance is probably the one and only thing they should think about before getting a bike. And if you don't have insurance and are not planning on getting any, i'm sorry but you do not deserve your bike because of you stupidity. But no worries here, yes i am a hypocrite for just saying that but i know my limits. I would just hate to see someone get sewed or put in jail for their stupid ass decision to not even think of insurance. So Reunin is so right, GET INSURANCE!

·
Registered
438 Posts
^^^ ummmmmmmmm. in no way did i mean that you shouldent have liability. liability is cheap as hell, shop around and i bet you can get it for no more than $30 a month. if you dont have 30 a mont, then you need to start walking to work/school.

btw, if you hit me and didnt have liability, we would need an ambulance, no matter how little we got hurt in the crash. you hit me without insurance... thats your ass, ima treat it the same way as if you had just intentionally f*cked my bike up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nicolas14 said:
Now i've been riding a 700 yamaha virago for about a year and a half. Thats the bike that i learned on and it tought me a lot! But about a month ago, i decided that i needed something more, and i chose a 2000 R6, racing red. I have no coverage because i am to young to afford it and am barely getting by as is. Now your probably thinking, "Well then you shouldn't even ride a bike." Now hear this, i crashed it 4 days after i purchased it. I was on my way to get new tires because the guy who had it before didn't know didly squat about bikes, he was a straight up poser. The rear tire was bad, but not critical, and the front should be changed. I now know that i should've gotten tires the day i got it. but the tires are besides the point. yes, they caused me to crash, my fault. But i learned two extremely large lessons after that crash. 1) Tires make all the difference, don't overestimate them cause they mean sometimes life or death. And 2) there could have been somebody walking right where i crashed and i would have been fucked royally. I got a lot of lectures after that about insurance and all that crap. So i now know that insurance is the greatest thing you could do for not just yourself, but for other people too. I sometimes think about it and i realize that insurance IS for other people. Because i don't care if i crash, i know that i'm gonna be okay, and if i get hurt, i did it doin a fat wheelie goin 95mph.

So i still don't have insurance because i can't afford it, and i still ride my bike because it's my only transportation, rain sleek or shine(definitly not snow, forget that!). But when i ride, it's purely defensive. The whole time, defensive. i only ride aggresive, really aggresive on the track, and i have yet to do it because my bike is still in my garage. But i will eventually get insurance, when i get the job, most likely the military. But insurance is probably the one and only thing they should think about before getting a bike. And if you don't have insurance and are not planning on getting any, i'm sorry but you do not deserve your bike because of you stupidity. But no worries here, yes i am a hypocrite for just saying that but i know my limits. I would just hate to see someone get sewed or put in jail for their stupid ass decision to not even think of insurance. So Reunin is so right, GET INSURANCE!
Fuggin Idiot.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts