R6 Message Net banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Now back on topic

Man guys he's just asking a simple freaking question it's not like he came on her posting "hey guys I like to go off-roading in my R6". He just asked how the bike handles if the situation arises.

Quote "Anyone who spent their own money on their R6 would never let it go off road (on purpose)"

I've taken my bike off-road twice. Once last year at the beach and once this year at a friends summer home and the last 1/4 to get there was a dirt road. It's just a freaking bike its not like this is some kind of rare exotic Mclaren car or something. When your done just make sure you hose the dirt or sand off and your fine. Your bike won't melt with a little dirt and water. To anwser the guys question if you take it slow 10 MPH and under with your feet down you will be fine. If you take it fast you will go down. Do I recommend riding on dirt or sand on the R6 as a hobby? Hell no. Can it be done if the need arises. Yes.

-Yamaha Dave

I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.''

-- Genghis Kahn,

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

thank you yamaha dave, these people are taking my question and totally blowing it out of proportion. THERE ARE SOME ROADS that are dirt. I remember there was one road that was 10 miles long of dirt and big rocks, and I had to go over it all in my family's brand new acura TL-s with less then 2000 miles on it. We had to go through it because it took 100 miles off our trip. (we were in Wyoming going to Jackson hole). My question was if I were to go on that same road trip again, and come up to that same situation, could I go though the dirt road on the 6?

Jesus you people act like I am going motocross or something. Its freakin transportation! If there is a dirt road that is a shortcut to the paved road and takes 100 miles off your trip. All of a sudden you wonder if your R6 can do it!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Re: If it has to... can the R6 safely go "off-road&quot

OMG... just as I was typing that last message i was flipping the channels and come across "cops", there was some sport-bike that was running from the cops and he went off on this dirt trail!!! I give the guy props, he had an HJC helmet and nice leathers on and gloves. The cops followed him and he was going kinda fast, when the first turn came up he lost it. He wasn't hurt. I feel bad for the guy, he seems like a nice guy. He said he was scared.

The bike looked like an old Honda. The cop was pulling him over because of his plates.... he should of just stopped instead of trying to run. I think its hilarious he CHOOSE to go off road. I guess he didn't think the cops wanted to get their cars dirty!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Why don't you just edit your last post?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

i'd just like to say...this THE STUPIDEST post i think i ever saw on here.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

the point yamaha dave, is that this cat is just retarded. If this was the only dumb question he has asked then we would let it go. But this seems to be a regular. He asks at least one dumb question like this a week. Goofy muh' fucka.

WTF?? You say that the guy sounded like he was a nice guy??? You felt sorry for him??? What cause he chose to run from the police and total his bike by taking it offroad??

idiot

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts

you just have to know me dood. I subsitute the word gay for stupid. So everything that is stupid i just call ghey. Dunno why, ive done it since i was younger. So quit being gay and stfu
thats why no one likes you

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Ive seen stupider questions on here.
Whats the problem?
Why don't you just edit your last post?
what difference does it make?

:WTF , to everything about this thread.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

I could not find the mag nor the site; but what about the guy that took a Yamaha R1 around the world...some of the photos in that mag were amazing...stuck in 2 feet of mud, took it through sand in the desert...lol But why the heck would you want to go offroad in the USA on a sportsbike...buy a dual purpose or a dirt bike, or an ATV if that is what you want.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

:cuss :po :bang ... I am not saying you would want to!!!!!!! I am saying that sometimes you almost have to, like in the situation I stated above..... and if that were to come up, can you do it!!!! :bang :b ang:bang :Badger :Badger :Badger ... you people are just making up what you wanna hear so you can make me look stupid. I never talked about any of this stupid shit you guys are off on now. I think you people are the ones that want to go off roading and just dont want to admit it.... hahahaha :Badger :Badger :Badger

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Tires, would you put slicks on a 4x4 to go mudding? Would use them for winter? :WTF Not saying a a pair of knobbys and you can motocross with the R6 but you get the idea, I think.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

hey modette,

That crazy dutchman on the R1 was in Motorcyclist last month. Looked like he had a Craftsman fullsize toolbox on the back of the bike. Crazy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

damn, it was a pretty straight forward question. yes you could do it if you had to. sports bikes can go on gravel roads, just keep it slow with your feet down when it gets bad. the lane to my house right now is about a half mile of dirt, and i manage that fine every day. one of my good firends cottage is at the end of about a 10 mile logging road (bad bad road)and i manage that a few times a year as well. just wash the bike off every once and awhile.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

Alright, point is made. Yes, you can go "off" the road on a streetbike, just don't do anything stupid.

This post has run its course, vented or not, lockdown.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts