R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to write to Bill (owner) and see how much he wants,
roomer has it that he has been offered way more thab 6 million , I find it hard to beleive, i mean a small facility like that, in teh middle of the desert. It would be cheaper to buy raw land and build on it. But then again willow springs already has clientele and teh only competition is hours away
Thoughts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Toyota has tried, I think Mazda too. Good luck. You buy it and I'll run it for a modest salary.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really, i didn't think that paving on raw land that one can but for less than 1000 per acre would cost so much money

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
gsalvatori said:
really, i didn't think that paving on raw land that one can but for less than 1000 per acre
:lol Take another toke, dude.... :p

·
Registered
553 Posts
gsalvatori said:
really, i didn't think that paving on raw land that one can but for less than 1000 per acre would cost so much money
You tell me where you can get land for $1000 an acre in California ANYWHERE, and I will get you $5 million to spend for me.

Did you take bong hits before posting this??? If so that would explain why...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Its the land that would be expensive. Hell, I know a paver who would do it for cheap. Hes got all the big ass driveable toy trucks and the such. Its just the land that is way too overpriced these days.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
also, you might want somebody with some comprehension of spelling and grammar to proof-read any offer letters you send. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
202 Posts
gsalvatori said:
i am going to write to Bill (owner) and see how much he wants,
roomer has it... Thoughts
My thoughts are that you ought to run a spell check before, during, and after you write ANYTHING. :)

"Willo Springs". Sheez man.

-R.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really guys, thank you for your input. I was way out of line as far as the price was concerned. And for those wise asses that need to go cry with their tails between their legs because somebody posted a message in a hurry and didn't read it over for mistakes, go cry to mom please, and save the space on this forum for actual things to say. Remember "a fool (WARMSETH) speaks when he HAS to say somethig, where a wise man speaks when he's got something to say. So stop being a fool.
Actually you know what, just stop using up air that i might need when i am dying, and croke over will you? Please you' d be doing us all a favor.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
:lol yeah you got it pal. i promise to stop breathing if you just keep coming up with more great ideas.

but ultimately you are probably correct. i guess it was "foolish" of me to criticize the triviality of your spelling and grammar when the very foundation of your ridiculous proposal was so flawed.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was it really such a ridiculous proposal?
I mean come on Seth, land in San Louis Obispo is dirt cheap. I was just trying to see if i needed partners for such an investment. All animosity aside, you were looking good last Sunday.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
the thing about owning that track is, the only reason it is reasonably profitable for them is that the huth's bought the land 800 years ago for pennies i'd guess and do as little as they can to keep it up, maintenance wise. were you to buy it, the land alone would be in the neightborhood of probably closer to 30-50 million. add to that the fact that there is an established money making business there (one steeped in tradition and likely emotion for the long time owners) and it is possible the fee for the place could be as high as 100million or more. the gate/entrance fees do not pull all that much income relative to what that mortgage would be and you would just never ever see your $ returned in any sort of meaningful way. furthermore, folks would expect some sort of improvements with the new owners...more $. maybe when the old man dies and the daughter gets it you'll see it for sale but i've heard she's a tough one and i wouldn't expect her to ever just give the place away, if she sells at all.

ps if you were serious regarding my riding, thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
gsalvatori said:
I mean come on Seth, land in San Louis Obispo is dirt cheap. I was just trying to see if i needed partners for such an investment. All animosity aside, you were looking good last Sunday.
Yes, it was a ridiculous proposal. To think you could buy/build a decent race facility for only 6 million bucks, HELL, if that were the case, everyone would be a owner of a race track. Use some common sense before posting my friend.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
gsalvatori said:

Gsalvatori.........How much is cheap to you? I have a house in SLO and its not cheap now. There are no land parcels for under 300k right now. With no homes on them. san Luis Obispo is worse than LA right now!

·
Registered
520 Posts
warmseth said:
the thing about owning that track is, the only reason it is reasonably profitable for them is that the huth's bought the land 800 years ago for pennies i'd guess and do as little as they can to keep it up, maintenance wise. were you to buy it, the land alone would be in the neightborhood of probably closer to 30-50 million. add to that the fact that there is an established money making business there (one steeped in tradition and likely emotion for the long time owners) and it is possible the fee for the place could be as high as 100million or more. the gate/entrance fees do not pull all that much income relative to what that mortgage would be and you would just never ever see your $ returned in any sort of meaningful way. furthermore, folks would expect some sort of improvements with the new owners...more $. maybe when the old man dies and the daughter gets it you'll see it for sale but i've heard she's a tough one and i wouldn't expect her to ever just give the place away, if she sells at all.

ps if you were serious regarding my riding, thanks

I don't know much about land costs in the US, but I can't see this statement being anything more than a giant exaggeration. My post isn't meant to be a put down, and I could very well be wrong, but 100 million to buy an american 2nd class racetrack? It's not even barber or laguna.

I did some research and the istanbul track cost 60 million US to build. Shanghai cost a little over 300 million. These are two of the top facilities in the world.

I think 50,000,000 is a much closer guess, but then again like I said, I know nothing about real estate in california and could be way off.

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
Here is a thought. My house sits on 3/4 of an acre of land and is deep in the big valley (30 minutes south of Fresno.) My land property value is $50,000. I would say the same thing is similar out in Mojave, since it is in an isolated area, much like I am. The entire track facility is probably 1000-2000 acre's. That alone is 50-100 million.

I also found this funny, considering it is a German correcting someone that only speaks English:
My thoughts are that you ought to run a spell check before, during, and after you write ANYTHING.

"Willo Springs". Sheez man.

-R.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had heard that Toyota offered Bill 10mill several years ago and he didn't even consider it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts