R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm ready to do some track days next season and thought I would start getting my gear together over the winter. I got the AXO X-ray one piece and back protector both for $450 shipped! Brand New! Just got them in the other day and they are sweet. I got the gray suit and it looks awesome. I also got some Alpinestars SMX plus boots off ebay. Probably could have gotten a better price but I am happy with them.

Also, Im thinking about getting the Alpinestars GP Plus gloves. Does anyone have any experience with these. I looked at the GP Pros too but they just didnt fit right.

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
So are you 'gonna share HOW you came across this deal?

I'm sure there are a ton of folks who would like to know....... :lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, I figured this question would be asked. I know a guy that distributes AXO motocross gear to stores and such, well they gave him some street gear to distribute and he ended up with some extra stuff. I guess the stores had too much of this stuff and didnt want more. So he hooked me up. I just happened to ask the right person at the right time!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Fuck...I'm about to order mine this week. Guess we'll look gay at the trackday, if we both go. I just posted a thread about this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
South Carolina is a bit of a drive for me. I was planning on hitting the trackdays here in Oklahoma and Texas. So unless you're going there, we should be safe

cole

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wessinger03R6 said:
Cool..so I hear you are happy with the quality right? I kinda want to know your impressions on fit and leather feel.
Ahh, the fit is great! I am 6 foot and kinda skinny and the upper body fits very well. I have a Alpinestars TZ-1 jacket and the AXO fits better on me through the shoulders and down the arms, I can move a lot easier in the AXO. It is my first suit so I dont really have too much to compare it to, but overall my first impression of it is very good. I will let you know how it feels when riding the bike when I get enough courage to face the cold. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
What size do you normaly wear and what size did you get. I wear a 40 but I think I'm gonna try a 42 due to the fact that I gained a few pound over the winter. I kinda wonder if it will be looser or more snug than my speedmaster.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told that the AXO's fit slim compared to everything else. I wear a 44 Alpinestars TZ-1 jacket that fits well. The AXO suit is a 44 as well and fits just a tad bit more snug than the A*. Hope that helps

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Im thinking about this suit, as well as an A'stars TZ-1 suit. Im 6'-6'1, 140lbs. Any idea if the 40 or 42 is going to be too small?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2K5Adam said:
Im thinking about this suit, as well as an A'stars TZ-1 suit. Im 6'-6'1, 140lbs. Any idea if the 40 or 42 is going to be too small?
I dont know, I would guess that the 40 would be too small, especially the length of the legs. Best thing to do would be to try some on at a local dealer. Thats what I did, but I also just took a guess at the fitting of the AXO suit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts