R6 Message Net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted something a bit more individual so first I thought I would ditch the white wheels, this is how it was....

I bought a set of wheels with tyres off ebay & sprayed them bronze as I wasn't sure if they were gonna look very good so at least I could whack my old white wheels back on...

Half fitted to bike...

New wheels fitted...

Now on looking at the bike & reading a 'how to paint your frame' tutorial found on this site, I decided to paint my frame satin black to make the bronze wheels look a little more prominent...

I also sprayed my fairing bolts, bar ends & fork covers gold, & I made another sticker for the single seat cowl...

I just added a 15t front sprocket & an Ivan's jet kit is on its way.

So what do you guys think? An improvement or have I just wasted the last two weeks faffing around for nothing!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks sick, man!! I like it!! :thumbup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies everyone. :thumbup

Answer to Kaizer_sozey's question, the 'how to paint your frame guide' can be found here

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r6-how-guides/57582-how-paint-your-frame-99-02-a.html

The Akrapovic exhaust was originally twice the size, I simply drilled out the rivets then took a hacksaw to it & cut it in half, then re pop riveted it back together. Easy, super cheap mod that made the tone of the exhaust deeper & louder. A bit more info can be seen here...

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r6-modifications/148429-akra-shorty-exhaust-diy-mod.html

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks bud, the white tyre lettering must be more popular here where I live or we haven't caught up to you guys yet lol!

Hey I just noticed your from Florida, a very nice place, we just got back from 2 weeks holiday there & had a fantastic time. Gotta say I'm really jealous about your weather, our English summer is over already by the looks of things. I've been on holiday to a few different places but Florida is the only place I really genuinely have not wanted to come home from.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks bud, the white tyre lettering must be more popular here where I live or we haven't caught up to you guys yet lol!

Hey I just noticed your from Florida, a very nice place, we just got back from 2 weeks holiday there & had a fantastic time. Gotta say I'm really jealous about your weather, our English summer is over already by the looks of things. I've been on holiday to a few different places but Florida is the only place I really genuinely have not wanted to come home from.
Thats good to hear bro. Where are you from, England? If you are ever in the central florida area again, and have access to a bike, send me a PM. I can show you all the twistie roads. In florida, they are hard to find, but they are there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats good to hear bro. Where are you from, England? If you are ever in the central florida area again, and have access to a bike, send me a PM. I can show you all the twistie roads. In florida, they are hard to find, but they are there.

That's very kind of you mate, thanks very much. We will definately return to Florida for another holiday when my daughter is a bit older so she can remember it better. We saw loads of bikes when we were there. There was a meet up of bikers at a place called 'Old Town' down the 192. Mostly custom Harley types but there was the odd sportsbike around aswell. Must be great to be able to ride your bike 365 days a year. I'm what they call a 'fair weather rider' here in England because motorcycling to me is a fun thing to do, & whenever I ride in the freezing cold wet weather (which we get 8 months of) I'm not having much fun.

Defo take you up on that offer though mate, cheers. Honestly though it will probably be about 5 years before we visit again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts