R6 Message Net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I accelerated from a stop and went full throttle in first...BOOOMM big backfire, afterward I looked down and my tach said 0RPMS...and the digital speedometer was off...HMM anyone have any idea what happened? Is it possible for a backfire to just blow a fuse or something?? or am i in bigger trouble than i thought? Haha Thanks guys.

My bike 2000 Yamaha R6, 11k Miles..

·
Registered
134 Posts
check your Rectifer plug if it is burnt then that is your problem for sure. then read the howto on this forum board to learn how to fix it. it is a really easy and cheap fix. hope this helped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok..Ill look into the rectifyer thing.. BTW I checked all the fuses that i could see under my seat, only one that i saw blown was the one labeled "signal" It was a blue 15 and I replaced it...started the engine..nothing worked, and it blew, heh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well i found the rectifier and I took the plug out...it didnt look as bad as I expected...had a little blackness but almost seemed like it should still work... Heres my question...do you think this needs to be replaced?....and also...If I just buy a new rectifier....and I have some short somewhere...isnt it going to blow again? Dont fully understand all this wiring stuff...:(

SEE ATTACHED IMAGES

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
wow those pictures suck really bad. i cant really tell anything from those pics, maybe a flashlight pointed at the plug when you take the picture will help. if there is any sort of burnt residue on the plug then i would probably do the "rectifer plug mod" and no you dont need to buy a new rectifer(unless you are one of the few that has a busted rectifer). about the short i would do the fix of the plug first and then try to locate the short if it still exists. fixing the rectifer may cause your short to go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.