R6 Message Net banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here a pic of my 2000 i tried to include all of the sizes of the bolts involved, i think i got all of em.

so basically you need
32mm wrench (shoulda come with your bike i think)
8mm socket
5mm allen wrench
6mm allen wrench

everything else just do it like they described it in the beginning. i used a jack on my headers to get the wheel off the ground and make it easier to get the triple back on.

Attachments

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
It should.

Hopefully the "hook" portion of the wrench fits into the grooves of the steering head nut and doesn't slip when you try and torque it down......

·
Registered
868 Posts
I actually ordered it then I went ahead and opened this up and looked at it... tried the spanner from the oem toolkit and canceled the order... I think this might have the same problem the stock one does... the tooth fits but its small enough of a curve (the C area is too wide) that it wont stay on... was worried this might be like that too judging by the picture... I'm surprised no one has made an aftermarket part like this being that it could be manufactured out of a solid 1/4-3/8" flat piece of metal that was machined right... wouldnt take much and with the OEM tools selling for $50... if someone machined up a buncha these at even $25 they'd probably sell like hotcakes...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mine still clunked after I took it apart and tightened it about ten different times. I think I finally figured this thing out. I loosened both nuts while the wheel was on the ground. It caused the bearing to start popping out the top. Then I lifted the front wheel off the ground and tightened the nut down. I didn't tighten it to hard though. Now it works good, the clunking noise and feeling is gone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Then this narrows it down to the 36mm and the 38mm, good, we are getting close :umm
for the 05 r6, it's definitely a 36mm. I went to auto zone last night to pick one up. I got the 36mm and a 1 1/2" (they didn't have a 38mm). The 36 fit perfectly. I didn't want to keep using the channel locks.

with a towel over the top triple tree nut, I couldn't grip well. Without the towel I was messing up the nut so I opted for the safest route, 36mm socket.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts