R6 Message Net banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I read your how-to on carb syncing and bought the Carbtune Pro to do it myself. As you know, the kit comes with 6mm nylon adapters for my 2007 Yamaha R6s.

My question is: did you use these adapters between the syncing hoses and the hoses going to the carbtune?

If not, how did you connect the carbtune hoses to the gray syncing hoses that are attached to the bike? The instructions that came w/ the device aren't clear on how these work. It looks like they thread in somewhere, but where?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
If I adjusted screw #3 on my 07, and get the others to match what I did to #3, is it still considered in balance? Will the computer accept the new #3 reading as standard?

·
www.frontiercycle.com
165 Posts
graveyard bump

im syncing mine soon. dont know which method. dont know which tool. just gonna wait until the weekend, get pissed, and do it. now, i dont know why i am asking this, since i know no one will answer, but what the hell. do you need the 6mm adapters for the 03 model?

now onto the argument that never got decided one way or the other...

i am looking at that homemade gauge. while i dont doubt it does a very good job, i see a lot of kinks and bends and twists in the hoses going vertical. wouldnt that equate to additional space in a line rather than being even?(take a ~ and a -...if you were to actually measure the distance of the ~, it is slightly longer)

just my doubts/questions/comments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great writeup, and thanks for taking the time to put this together. :hattip

A couple of things though;

As already mentioned, the service manual states to leave the spring loaded screws on the throttle body linkage alone. Not sure for Yamaha's reasoning but you only use the air bleed screws for synchronizing.

With this in mind, there's no need to remove the airbox for FI models. Just hook up your gauges to the vacuum lines, and you can easily reach the air bleed screws with everything hooked up and the fuel tank propped up.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts