R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a cheap alternative solution to turn my bike around in my 10x10 storage shed.
I got these furniture sliders'gliders from Loews for $10, placed one under back tire and one under the kickstand. On plywood floor I must use a little muscle, but its a lot quicker than trying to 3 point turn the bike 10-20 times in the tiny shed.
It would work even better I think if I throw an old piece of carpet under it. Cement floors or anything smooth should work great!

<----$10 furniture mover

<---- my bike on wood floor

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found a cheap alternative solution to turn my bike around in my 10x10 storage shed.
I got these furniture sliders'gliders from Loews for $10, placed one under back tire and one under the kickstand. On plywood floor I must use a little muscle, but its a lot quicker than trying to 3 point turn the bike 10-20 times in the tiny shed.
It would work even better I think if I throw an old piece of carpet under it. Cement floors or anything smooth should work great!

<----$10 furniture mover

<---- my bike on wood floor

those furniture sliders look they work well. But you know you can pivot the bike on the kick stand to turn it around right? Just lean the bike toward the kick stand so the bike lifts off the ground and turn. :hattip

·
Flyin Hawaiian
837 Posts
those furniture sliders look they work well. But you know you can pivot the bike on the kick stand to turn it around right? Just lean the bike toward the kick stand so the bike lifts off the ground and turn. :hattip
+1
Nuff said

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't want to cause stress on this old kicker.. :wink

·
Flyin Hawaiian
837 Posts
been doing it with mine since new 03 I think it's gonna be ok. Nice tip though will come in handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts