C2 0
C3 -3
C4 3

I changed it to

C1 -1
C2 2
C3 -1
C4 3

So thats +2 for C2 and C3, and to be perfectly honest, I didnt feel a difference. I had my bike dynoed a month ago or so, and I was running rich, especially in the lower and mid RPMs. I have a stock '04 R6 except for a Two Brothers slip on, and I'm located in Bozeman, Montana, ~4,800 ft above sea level. I think the bike was originally sold in seattle, because thats where i bought it used. I spliced into wire 29 and grounded it and have not had any problems even while riding.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Coupon said:
My stock settings:
C1 -1
C2 0
C3 -3
C4 3

I changed it to

C1 -1
C2 2
C3 -1
C4 3

So thats +2 for C2 and C3, and to be perfectly honest, I didnt feel a difference. I had my bike dynoed a month ago or so, and I was running rich, especially in the lower and mid RPMs. I have a stock '04 R6 except for a Two Brothers slip on, and I'm located in Bozeman, Montana, ~4,800 ft above sea level. I think the bike was originally sold in seattle, because thats where i bought it used. I spliced into wire 29 and grounded it and have not had any problems even while riding.
What if you bump all four settings to +2 from their original, do you notice any difference?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Locaton: Atlanta, GA 07 R6S

My stock settings
0, -5, -6, -2

Changed to
1, -3, -3, -1

Didnt notice any "power" increase, but def. smoother throttle response down low. It seems like it wants to backfire more when enginebraking though.

Is this a sign of running too rich?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't read through all 40 some pages of this (only to about 25) but I have some news. There is a company called dobeck performance (the founder created Power Commander before he sold it) and they are using some bikes in my riding group to test their new product (the name will differ depending on who you buy it from, a few different pipe manufacturers will sell it with their own name, for example Two Brothers calls it a juice box). So i let them borrow my bike for a few days and I get one of these things and a pipe out of the deal. Anyway, I was talking to they guys at the shop and told them that I had grounded wire 29 to the battery so they would not be confused by it, and they know about the Co mode and said that it definitely adjusts each cylinder individually, and is mostly used so the bike idles smoothly, and to adjust the trim or something I didnt quite understand. So hopefully this helps. If anyone has any questions, I could probably ask the guys at the shop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:Update:
So i picked up my bike and talked to the tech, he said that he set my trim (Co settings) to -10 across the board and it idles much smoother. Can't tell much else right now because the weather is sh%$#y.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the stock ECU the Co setting is for adjustment on injection times for each cylinder,C1 is cyliner 1, the higher the value more fuel is injected form -127 to +127, default value is 0. Most bikes have -10 to +10 is fine adjustment form factory to achieve the air fuel mixture 14.7 to 1. But if you have a kit ECU (YEC) then the Co function is different. Co value C1 controls fuel timing at throttle opening to 25% and below 3000rpms.

·
Registered
71 Posts
dragginbody said:
Locaton: Atlanta, GA 07 R6S

My stock settings
0, -5, -6, -2

Changed to
1, -3, -3, -1

Didnt notice any "power" increase, but def. smoother throttle response down low. It seems like it wants to backfire more when enginebraking though.

Is this a sign of running too rich?
i just changed my settings to: 1,-3,-3,-1. now knowling they adjust the cylinders i readjusted to:
1,-3,-3,1. This was recommended by the tech for 2 reasons. he said my old adjustment on C1 and C4 work better if same since i have full system, kn filter, and velocity stacks. he also said to keep the outer cylinders richer becuase c4 tends to run hot on the R6's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is a hose somewhere (sorry, I dont know which one) that mixes clean air with the exhaust, thus making the emissions more clean. You can plug that with a marble and it will make your R6 backfire less. (less oxygen = not enough air to mix with the unburned fuel in your exhaust pipe to ignite it).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Coupon said:
There is a hose somewhere (sorry, I dont know which one) that mixes clean air with the exhaust, thus making the emissions more clean. You can plug that with a marble and it will make your R6 backfire less. (less oxygen = not enough air to mix with the unburned fuel in your exhaust pipe to ignite it).
You're talking about the AIS block off mod I believe. There's a how-to on it somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bike: 2005 (2004 model) R6. Euro model. Originally from UK.

Original settings:
C1: 6
C2: -4
C3: 4
C4: 2

Haven't played with the settings yet, but I'm planning to add +2 to all of them and see how it feels.

·
366 Posts
freeride said:
40 pages and almost exactly 3 years later and no progress, there is still nobody that knows what this actually does?
The CO stands for Carbon Monoxide. Carbon monoxide is partially burned fuel. The C1, C2, C3, and C4 adjustments are for their respective cylinders. (Not throttle position or anything like that.) CO readings are adjusted at the factory to ensure that the cylinders are burning fuel evenly and efficiently. CO is measured with an Exhaust Gas Analyzer with a probe in each header pipe (or some setup at the factory that allows individual cylinder readings.) The CO reading is a measurement that must be within spec to meet emissions standards set by the EPA.

I may not be 100% accurate, but I know this is a lot more correct than most theories I've read so far. If you adjusted your settings and can now power up the front wheel in 6th gear, good for you. Just keep in mind that this was not meant for performance tuning. It doesn't seem like anyone has had any significant results anyway...

If you want real adjustment of your fueling (and an actual increase in HP), the best thing you can do is get a PCIII.

Ok, I'm done.:blahblahb

·
Registered
1 Posts
Co settings

Hi everyone,

would like to know if theres any updates for these setings for r6 07?
the prefered settings with full system and race filter installed?
anyone out here can enlighten me?
thanks..:hattip

·
Just-A-Newb
3 Posts
i've read all 42 pages...and said hell with it i'll try it. i haven't ridden the bike much being it's not my r6. but owner wanted to try this.

stock settings
C1: -10
C2: -13
C3: -21
C4: -9

Ackro Slip-on is the only mod

Settings now (just upped it by 2 across the board)

C1: -8
C2: -11
C3: -19
C4: -7

Owner will be pickin up his bike this week, so I'll let him ride it and see if it's any smoother or any better than before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the grounding of wire 27/29...what exactly is this wire? I have a 2008 YZFR6 and a 2008 YZF R1 that I am going to be trying this on and I want to make sure I am grounding the right wire.

401 - 420 of 437 Posts