R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Looks good. Nice work with the arrows and circles. :thumbup Only thing I don't think you need to remove the big slotted plug and the bolt next to it. They can stay on if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks a ton for putting it up!!!! 2 months was well worth it for this how-to! I saw that you wrote you had it up in my other post. THANKS BUDDY!!!!!

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I would like to express my most sincere apologies for the delay. It has been issue after issue trying to get the pictures off film onto CD. Thank goodness I will have the digital soon.

Once again I am very sorry for having to push back the how to so many times. I'd like to work up a few more but Och and Blueblur have pretty well covered the entire how-to arena.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This mod really doesn't require custom mapping, but I will be getting one soon anyway. I felt the best gain was in the mid range area between 7-9k. For the cost it's a great mod to do. I think I spent 60 bucks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ONLY $60?!? How much advance is this one you have? And you say it requires no remapping? Who, where & how do I? :wink

Good write up :thumbup

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cal-Sportbike.com is the place I got it. Get the +4 Factory Pro Ignition Advancer, be sure to put in the comments your user name and R6MN.

·
-
125 Posts
factorypro.com gives us a 20% discount for being a member of the Elite R6 Messagenet.

They may ask you what R6 is fastest to test you before giving you the discount. Obviously it is.......Black with Red Flames :hattip

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I wasnt saying that it did require it, I just wondered if u were using a custom map. I was gonna point u towards http://www.megaxkey.com/r6/ to see if any of those maps would help you out if you didnt have a custom map already.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you look under my other thread "Help with MODS Pls ", you will see a write up regarding ignition advancers. Anyhow, a member posted that they have spent hundreds of dollars and HOURS on a dyno, and have seen NO improvement on an 03-04 r6, and they have dyno actual results as proof. Has anyone DYNO'd before and after strictly doing an ignition advancer? He seemed to have done his work, and in all honesty, i decided not to purchase one due to the evidence he had.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
the point is not to make any more hp it is to improve throttle response, whoch may not show up on a dyno. I have used thes on both of my r6 my 03 I used the same one and on my 02 I have the graves adjustable set at +5 and you can tell a difference right after you put them on.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
r6Riderz said:
If you look under my other thread "Help with MODS Pls ", you will see a write up regarding ignition advancers. Anyhow, a member posted that they have spent hundreds of dollars and HOURS on a dyno, and have seen NO improvement on an 03-04 r6, and they have dyno actual results as proof. Has anyone DYNO'd before and after strictly doing an ignition advancer? He seemed to have done his work, and in all honesty, i decided not to purchase one due to the evidence he had.

I had posted some info on my race bikes, and mistakenly grouped that in with street bikes running pump gas.. My bad, and i cleared that up on later posts and a thread about the +4 advancer specifically.
Yes, we spend buku $$ on VP U4 and MR1 fuel for my race bike that has .007 off case and .007 off head, thinner gasket, Micron serpent pipe, 105deg on in/exst, custom map work, and MR1 VP fuel (90 octane,oxegenated, about $20/gallon).
The result was we COULD GAIN on the top but we lost mid range torque and hp, We retarded and could gain mid but LOOSE up top. STock timing was the best OVERALL for my race application on Southeast tracks.
The guy i bought the bike from RETARDS timing 4 deg when using MR9 VP fuel and gains close to 8 HP on the VERY top end.. MR9 is EXPENSIVE but I will post the dyno runs on this very soon..

SO. From what my tuner says, the +4 as you all have found does improve street bikes with pump gas a tad. We DID see a small gain but lost too much mid range to make it worth while (on MY bike.. yours may gain all through the rpm range, i dont know..). You MUST have mid range drive out of corners to be hanging with the fast guys. It is not ALL about top end power..
Good luck and lets see some maps and more info about your modifications!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just did this mod today. Your how to was a big help! Thanks. My only concern was that the pick up rotor bolt took a little elbow grease to break loose, but it didn't take a lot to reach the required torque when I installed the new pick up rotor. I torqued it to 35nm. Did you notice this too or do I just not know how to use a torque wrench?

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea it did the same to me when I took the nut off. At the time I just figured it was cause I was being a wuss. I didn't bother to look but I'd bet 5 to 1 it's loctite.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cool. I just wanted to make sure. I ran it up with no leaks. I guess I'll have to wait till March or April for a test ride:-(

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good stuff. I maybe overstressing the leak, if you tightened everything right and used a new gasket, 99% likely it's fine. I just want to emphasize double checking your work cause you never know what you might miss. I put my v-stacks and Ohlins damper on and just as I walked inside to relax after finishing I looked at the table and there sit my air filter. I probably wouldn't have cared but it can be a pain to get the damper bracket perfectly straight alone.

·
-
125 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I finally got mine put on today that I bought back in decemeber. It pulls a little harder now. I'm pleased with it for $50 or so.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts