R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, here is another one Blueblur and myself did. Slide stop install on 03-04 R6

Somethings that are not in the pics are removing the gas tank and air box, but if you can not figure out how to do that then this mod is not for you.

just loosen the clamps that hold the throttle bodies down to the engine, there is no pic of this either because they are impossible to see. Once the throttle assy is loose from the engine, enough so you can tilt it pretty far remove the fuel pressure regulator

before I go any further I wanted to show a picture of a tool. This is an impact driver. The screms that hold the regulator to the fuel rail are brass and are very soft. If you do not choose to buy one of these (they are cheap from autozone) you are really taking a risk. These screws strip easier then any you will ever see and they are very tight.

next install the Graves fuel pressure booster as shown. Once installed re-install the regulator.

once that is installed tilt the throttle assy upward in the front and remove the cap on the vacume slide

remove the stock slide

install the Graves slide stop over the slide valve

install the slide assy back into the throttle body. As you can see the slide stop does just that ....stops the slide from closing.

repeat for the remaining 3 throttle bodies. Re-install the throttle assy, air box and fuel tank. A PC 3 is a must for this mod.

© Copyright 2005 - R6Messagenet.com - All rights reserved.

·
5,078 Posts
Looks good.

Just to remind anyone that does this, make sure you remove the 2 coolant hoses that are right behind the thottle bodies.

Look at the arrows in the pic below. We didn't do this and when you tilt the throttle bodies forward it will pull the hose of the bottom clamp and you'll have a fountain of green water coming out of the engine.

Just remember which tube goes where.

·
To the Track Stat!!!
1,473 Posts
thanks for the visual guys :thumbup , I will attempt this mod very soon.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
What kind of performance gains will I get from this mod? More Hp, better throttle response...etc. And how much do slide stops go for?

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of performance gains will I get from this mod? More Hp, better throttle response...etc. And how much do slide stops go for?
:wrongforu

I'll be glad to answer your question but post it in the mod section where it belongs...not trying to be a dick but this should only be about the installation process and i want it to stay on topic. thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was it harder installing the slide stops without removing the throttle boddies from the bike? It seems like there is no room to remove the stock slide for 1 and 4 throttle boddies. I did it with removing the throttle boddies and it was a little bit easier but it was more time consuming. Good job guys its really informative! Too bad I didn't see this 2 weeks ago!

·
Hi , How are ya
3,512 Posts
You didn't mention reinstalling the Fuel pressure regulator. What was the reason for removing it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
umm they did mention reinstalling it. The reason they had to remove the regulator is to install the fuel booster (look at the pic #3) that little silver piece that comes with the slide stops... more air.. needs more fuel thats what booster does...

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You didn't mention reinstalling the Fuel pressure regulator. What was the reason for removing it
You just love trying to bust my balls...read the line right under the picture :bugeyes

·
Hi , How are ya
3,512 Posts
:gotowned
DOH DOH DOH
Woops I missed , I spoke to soon, Sorry :curse
Nice write up though :banghead

·
Registered
61 Posts
With slide stops, v-stacks and a slip on, I now only get about 100 miles per gallon. I used to get about 125 miles but im losing 25 miles! :banghead Do you guys notice this too. I know this will happen when you have more fuel going into the throttle bodies but I just want to know if 100 miles seems a little off with the mods I have.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
100 miles per gallon...holy shit that must be one of those hybrid bikes

no i know what you mean...the bike is not going to do as good on fuel with those mods in there...mainly the slides because it needs more fuel to keep it from running lean

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just did this mod two weekends ago. I stripped the head of one of the regulator screws (because i don't have an impact driver). Anyway, my question is: Why are they brass? Is there a good reason? Should I replace with only another brass screw? I just threw a steel screw in there, but I've been worried about it not knowing why they use brass there. Something to do with electrical I assume???

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no clue why they use brass for those screws....I would just check it every time you have the tank up but I cant see why there would be a problem

1 - 20 of 119 Posts