R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Importing UK Stuff...

Just wonderin', i love the white/red UK design, is there anyway i can order the fairings, (probabaly through EBay, maybe)

but will the set fit on the U.S. 06 R6?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you contact an overseas dealership I'm sure they'll be glad to take your money and get you what you want. I imagine it'll be at least $100 to get a set of fairings shipped this way so be prepared to shell out for it.

Maybe some of the UK folks on this forum can help you out in that regard.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
The Resident Plarp said:
If you contact an overseas dealership I'm sure they'll be glad to take your money and get you what you want. I imagine it'll be at least $100 to get a set of fairings shipped this way so be prepared to shell out for it.

Maybe some of the UK folks on this forum can help you out in that regard.
Over $100 to ship im sure.. I would figure ~2-300.. Either way, you could prob get yours painted the same colors for less, or you MIGHT be able to get a yamaha dealer in the states to get them for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Won't it look stupid with a yellow/black/blue tank though??? Or would you paint that to match? White rims would look badass too!!!!

how much do u think the fairings would cost???

Yo Mr Azim, if you buy them I'm going to have to see that shit!!!

rob

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
robstar said:
Won't it look stupid with a yellow/black/blue tank though??? Or would you paint that to match? White rims would look badass too!!!!

how much do u think the fairings would cost???

Yo Mr Azim, if you buy them I'm going to have to see that shit!!!

rob
considering the cost, as well as risks of overseas mass shipping
could be cool to do (who else will have the red/white set on the road ;))
and would get the gas tank painted to match

im thinking to just get the blue, save the extra $1000 + and if i can/want to later, i'll order the extra set from overseas

but the main question is
will the UK fairings fit on the US bike???

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
:banghead

1. Find someone in the UK or Asia Pacific with an 06 R6 in the colour you want (or call a UK dealer).
2. Ask them nicely for the code on the sticker under the pillion seat.
3. Proceed to your local dealer with the above code and order the parts.

In the event that a local dealer cannot help you, liase with a UK dealership to send the parts to you directly.

Now, the bikes aren't physically available yet so you are going to have a bit of a wait. Yamaha are usually pretty good but you need to expect that parts availability will be limited at first, until the supply comes through.

Another option would be for you to contact one of the race bike prep companies such as PDQ. They buy new bikes, strip off the road gear and prep them for racing. This means they will have full body kits for sale at cheaper than new prices, and may be prepared to ship to the USA.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I checked into this when I bought my 03 and the UK had a red version that I wanted. It ended up working out to about twice the cost of a new set of plastics, so roughly 2 grand, to order the new bodywork plus tank and have it all shipped over here. I was working with a good friend of mine in the Navy that was stationed in Japan who was going to get the parts from a dealer and ship them directly to me. It's expensive and not really worth it, in my oppinion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We have a new one coming in for the race team so will have a full set of fairings / road bits available. Not sure what colour we will get. Could possibly do a swap fur the fuel tank as our one will be cut and modified so will need re-painting also.

I still have a full 05 black fairing set and never got much interest when they were up for sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts