R6 Message Net banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
When I come to a stop sign if I space out and don't downshift. When I stop and I click it down a couple gears, sometimes it takes a whlie and a short release of the clutch to get it to go. Symptoms sound similar to other people, maybe im getting too specific. Just wondering if I should go ahead and replace it just to see since I already have my bike all apart.

·
2002 blue
701 Posts
The bike usually has to be moving to downshift more than one gear, it's just how the tranny works. If I forget I just roll the bike back and forth a few inches and it alows the gears to mesh and change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just wanted to say thanks for the info, bought a used 2000 R6 recently, shifting was all messed up, especially 1st->2nd,, replaced the spring and now it runs like a champ :D

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
Anyone just replace their old spring with the new one without it actually being broken? I'm wondering if I take the time to replace my old unbroken spring with the new one if it'll just feel plain better shifting in general - cuz heck that's worth 10 mins (that would be Och install time - I'll say 30-40 min for myself) and the $0.70 to me if that's the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi, anyone know where can i get the Spring from the net?
i am having problem getting it in singapore
or is there anyone willing to get 1 and post it to me?
Thanks pals... :thumbup

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
I just ordered the spring, it comes friday-with a shift gasket $4 and i got a fuel filter too-it just takes a little dirt to screw up my carbs:hyper

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
+1 for mrcycles. my order will be here today!

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
I just got two springs and the gasket-going to put a fresh one on my 2002 r6.:beermug

·
Registered
6 Posts
crazzybaby said:
mrcycles.com is where u can get the spring and gasket.
went through the process of ordering the spring on the mrcycles website,
in the end told me they dont accept other country credit card, what the fuck.. in that case they should not put in their web they ship worldwide :banem
anyone care to help me get it? or know any website do ship worldwide?
Thanks alot :thumbup

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
Problem.

I think there is a problem with the final picture on the first page. The right side of the spring is supposed to go into a hole on the bracket. Not around the entire piece. I hope you see what i mean.

·
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
694 Posts
if you change the spring, you mnight as well change all the other little things in there. I think they all cost me a total of about >$4. Might as well change everything while your in there.

·
Midnight Rider
441 Posts
Adrenaline_6 said:
if you change the spring, you mnight as well change all the other little things in there. I think they all cost me a total of about >$4. Might as well change everything while your in there.
what else was changed? just looks like the spring is in a different place. can you list the parts?

·
Registered
666 Posts
i've got 2 springs in my carts but i need to know what the gasket part number is please. and also i need to replace the case cover thing on the right hand side in the middle of the lower right fairing. and a new brake side foot peg. also if there's anything else anyone recommends replacing while i'm at this, pelase please tell me. save on shipping :thumbup

·
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
694 Posts
PatFitz9 said:
what else was changed? just looks like the spring is in a different place. can you list the parts?
My spring was broken in half and laying at the bottom behind the cover. I wouldnt know what they were called, but when you go order the parts (there also used to be a website with the part microfiche online) order all the little parts that are at the same assembly area. I replaced the little shaft and all the parts that slid on to it plus the spring.

·
Registered
666 Posts
well i souldnt find where the part was on the digrams, i had to directly put in the part number :( could someone tell me what subcategory it's under?

·
Registered
666 Posts
gusy i realy need to buy this stuff today, your help would be appreciated :(

21 - 40 of 79 Posts