R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha 2005 OIL CHANGE

1.Ok whats circled in red is what you have to unscrew soo DO IT!!!

2.more things you have to unscrew soo do it! =0)

3.once thats completed everything is lose now unsnap those clips very easy to do.. should have a problem

4. thats the drain bolt unscrew it and make sure you got a pan underneath to catch the oil =0)

5. you will notice this is where the filter is located. I just jammed 2 holes
then got a clamp and unscrewed it. you can use those 5 buck tools but im cheap hehe... once you got everything out you can just hand torque it on =0)
no problems in the future oil changes

6. now drain that oil BOYeeee!

7.once completed just put everything back the way you took it off
oil fill with filter is 2.8 dont forget =0) dont use that last bottle up lol..i almost did hehe.... and make sure you put the drain bolt back before you fill that sucker up =0) I almost did hehe

hope you enjoyed this

bye =0)

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
dont forget to oil the new filter's O-ring before screwing it on. also, it helps to remove the filler cap to let the oil flow more freely and dont forget there will be some residual oil that will probably drain out of the oil filter attachment so be ready with the drain pan. finally, don't blindly trust the oil quantity in the manual. put about 1/2-1/4 of a liter or quart (not sure which unit of measure you put) LESS than recommended in, check the oil level. if it's within normal range, start it up, let the oil run through the engine for a bit. check the oil again and adjust accordingly.

Oh, and don't "hehe" so much, it makes it seem like you need a fairy costume to work on a bike ;-)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are good tips didnt know I had to Army Proof the thread hehe.. =0)
Theirs these stupid Fairys that keep tickling me hehe..
anyway All that you just metion I did...so listen to the add ons Smashweights just said
hehe its good advice heheheh =0)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts