R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is pushing me to get a new 06 R6 and we have 2 kids to you believe that.:thumbup I love my wife. How much can I get for my bike

2005 R6 (5900 miles)

K&N
frame slider front & rear
520 conversion
factory alarm
3m film protection on the whole bike
fender eliminator
new pilot pwer tires
$$$$$$$$$

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
dxs0f5x said:
My wife is pushing me to get a new 06 R6 and we have 2 kids to you believe that.:thumbup I love my wife. How much can I get for my bike

2005 R6 (5900 miles)

K&N
frame slider front & rear
520 conversion
factory alarm
3m film protection on the whole bike
fender eliminator
new pilot pwer tires
$$$$$$$$$

You sir, are very sticker happy!! Everyone will know that's an R6...it says it atleast 3 times on each side. J/k. I like that bike, nice and clean.

I would start around $6500 Us. You can always negotiate lower, but not higher...

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
koo you shortened your stocker pipe! is it just me, or does the canister get shorter and shorter in each pic? hhhaaahaa.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can always usE Kelly Blue Book to see what your bike will fetch. I have a similiar wife in that she wants me to get the '06 R6 (I have a dep. down on one as I write) and she is going to get a bike herself........nothing like quality time with the wife while riding !

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
whats that black thingy on the exhaust hanger?

·
I ride
120 Posts
Looks like his brake disk lock to me.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Based on the fact that it is basically stock, start around $7500. I would check around your area though first in cycletrader and see what most people are selling for. Keep in mind, that a lot of people, mainly on the boards and such, will say it is too high b/c you could of bought one for $7500 if you shopped around. Well most people didnt buy a bike at $7500, or yamaha dealers would be out of business. Like said, you can always go lower, never higher so start high and see what the intrest is.

Just an FYI, but if/when sell my 05 raven, ~7500 is where i plan to start w/o all of the mods i have on mine. They seem to be selling for that around here and ebay for that much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
devils advocate

I hate to sound like a bitchy wife, but I would think you're silly to buy a new one. You're bike looks great, and being that it is probably less than a year old, i'd guess you'd be loosing money on it. I'd hold off for another year and save your bucks.... perhaps put some more cash into the bike. Just my two cents, perhaps i'm jelous.

-Matt

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
iowadiver said:
I hate to sound like a bitchy wife, but I would think you're silly to buy a new one. You're bike looks great, and being that it is probably less than a year old, i'd guess you'd be loosing money on it. I'd hold off for another year and save your bucks.... perhaps put some more cash into the bike. Just my two cents, perhaps i'm jelous.

-Matt
i agree, i never understood why people got new bikes every year... why?

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
iowadiver said:

-Matt
yeah but you dont really know what the circumstances are, the 06 is a different bike, not just different looking. Maybe he plans on track racing....

besides the question at hand was how much is it worth...not, "hey do you think its silly if i sell my own property so that i can do what i want with my own money?"

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you can, try to target sell. Here in NM, that bike would run around $8000, but you would have to ship it.

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
Nice Bike

·
Registered
224 Posts
ill bet if you wait till spring time you could get like 6k for it. maybe if you find some young and kinda rich kid to buy it who really wants it you could fetch 65oo or so, but noone in their right mind will pay 7500... this is comming from, mind you, a cheep typical used motorcycle buyer... who dosnt buy new for one simple reason. we're cheep. and poor :thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts