R6 Message Net banner

How many miles has your (sports)bike got?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading Mattyr6s thread about Ex demos. I got to thinking how long bikes last.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Just short of 11k on my '04 and getting an '01 with around 17k on it next weekend...... my new trackday project:hyper

·
Registered
391 Posts
mine is at 24 ish but just put another engine in as something was sounding bad inside will diagnose when i get chance.

A lad I know through work has got over 60k on his stock R6 and still going fine he has commuted on it for years in all weathers!

·
Registered
127 Posts
ive done just over 26k on mine and ive only done oil and filter changes on it since 10k still goes strong and i rag the nuts off it :D, but im gonna be trading it in soon for a new bike :D just in case im been lucky with it

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
We talking KM or Miles?

I have 27.xxx KMS on my 03. Loved every meter (foot/yard) of the way :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 9K on mine. Bought it with 4700 in Feb of this year.

It better last to 35K, I'll probably be up to 11K by year's end with the cooler weather and rides coming up. I would like to see it go further since I'm starting to customize. I haven't owned a vehicle for more than 2 years in the past 17, but my buddy has 56K on his Harley and I would think the R6 would be just as reliable if not more so.

Shouldn't these things last 60K or so with good maintenance and no racing, stunting, wheelies, etc. ? (Miles) Am I living in a dream world?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts