R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 mainly stock R6 with a yoshi pipe on it. I just got the bike yesterday I've only ridden on localstreets nothing to krazy but I was wondering how Hot they are suppose to run? My bike was running around 211 degrees after about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine runs around 170-185 depending on how hot it is out side and how hard im riding. but i also dont cruz at 25-30 and sit in stop and go. your fan should come on around 212 and no higher then 220 if not then you need to get that looked at. and yes you can hear the fan.

·
I "heart" motorcycles
46 Posts
I am not sure if it was especially hot today or if it was the stop and go traffic, but I got my 01 R6 up to 220 today. It worried me, but seemed to run fine. It went down to 211 fairly quickly and then about 207 before I stopped riding. Is this normal or do I need to fix something?

Sorry for the thread hijack, but hopefully it will help with your situation as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
its fine....when sitting in stop and go traffic it does not have the air cooling it like when you ride....now when you are riding and going around 70 it should run 170-185 somewhere around there. but sitting at a light and stop and go traffic it will get to 217. my fan comes on at 217. if your fan does not come on around that then you should be worried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.