R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Begin Rant*

It now appears that you could face a council tax rise for having a house with a "nice view"

This is complete bollocks. What's next - Having to pay more council tax because you shop in Sainsbury's instead of Tesco?, having to pay more because you are over 6' tall?

Check out the link:

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED06 Nov 2005 18:43:49:003

If the council's stopped wasting money on centres for one legged Ethopian hermaphrodites with flatulence problems and such like then this sort of tax hike would not be necessary!...:arguematc :arguematc :arguematc

*End Rant*

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Jon, I agree with you mate.

These changes (when) if they do happen will seriously affect us.

More tax to the robbing government.

The only service I get for my council tax is the refuse and recycling collection. No streetlights or footpaths, rarely see a copper driving by and the gritters from another county look after the road because they have to drive up our hill to turn round. Why should I pay more for that?

·
snice
303 Posts
ive just had a similar thing.............. i live on the top floor (2nd floor) of a 6 flat council block.......... i bought the place............... the council are doing major works on the block, including the roof which doesnt need touching........... ive been given a bill of £10,800.............. the bloke on the ground floor, who also bought his place was given a bill of £8000.........when i asked the kuntz why, they said i have to pay more coz i have a better view !!!!!!!! actually he has a better view , coz he cant see as much shit as i can !! but they didnt have non of that !! come the revolution boys !!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well thats f-in brilliant. I will be moving within the next two weeks and the new place has a lot better views.

Mind you the central government capped our local council this year as they have been taking the p*ss with the year on year hikes. I guess this is the councils response to get round future central government capping. I bet you the idea came from central government in the 1st place. Its a conspiracy

Once again its joe bloggs who suffers, the poor get benefit to pay for it, and the rich do not give a sh*t as it is petty cash to them.

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh:arguematc

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
Hmmmmm.....so let me get this right.

I can see into the bedroom of the skanky old bird opposite. If she leaves her curtains open, I might have a case for a rebate?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:rollin :rollin :rollin
Steptoe190 said:
Hmmmmm.....so let me get this right.

I can see into the bedroom of the skanky old bird opposite. If she leaves her curtains open, I'd might have a case for a rebate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts