R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
stock fiddy doesnt have a hand controlled clutch..you have to time the centrifugal clutch though and snap the throttle...now mine has a regular clutch but it wheelies with out it very very easily

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ic.. would you mind if i ask you what a centrifugal clutch is?
Also, i didn't know you visit the stunt forum Deezul.... :thumbup

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
it is an auto clutch that it held in by springs when the engine reaches a certain rpm it pushes the clutch out

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
I had a 50cc pocket bike with a CVT transmission. What I did was, hold the front brake and rev the bike up, then pop the brake out. After a few tries of adjusting throttle input, I got to where I could pop it up and ride for a few feet. Be careful though. I learned first hand it IS possible to 12 a stock pocket bike..

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
yeah but if the CVT doesnt have enough pressure (speed) to engage it, when you wack the throttle and pull up it does nothing except start to engage. It took me some getting used to with the timing of the cvt but before I pulled the stock 50cc out I could do them very easily...now I spor 125cc and bringing the wheel up is not the issue....keeping it down is

·
Registered
252 Posts
sit back on the seat as far as you can, crack it and pull back. its fun. then try putting one foot on the back of the seat and trail the other leg behind you and try it, thats fun too

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, after over a year of posting this, I just got me an 07 CRF50.. I love that lil sucker. lOL hahah

The only way I can wheelie on it is only if I gas it when im upshifting from 1st to second. I plan to practice tonite when I get home from work. So is that the only way? :dance

·
Gixxer rider
2,939 Posts
1st gear has a lot of engine braking so just crack the throttle, sit back a little and it will come up. 2nd gear is smoother with less engine braking but cover the rear brake to keep from looping. I could do highchairs no problem in second on my stock fiddy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks like fun, I f-ing need one!!! Good Luck Boss

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tried the first gear approach.. Couldn't get it up.. the bike's front wheel I mean.. LOL I guess I just need to practice... :shrug

·
Eat Your Boogers
580 Posts
Just pull on the bars and crack it open in 1st. You have to time it right though. bringing it up in 1st is easier if you are going really slow. When i do it, im barely creeping along. Wheelies arent too hard on those. Now stoppies take a little more work.

·
Banned
541 Posts
I have a clutch on my crf50 but I just use the throttle for wheelies. Lean back and crack it and it will come up. I just kept driving back and forth down my fathers street practicing till I could ride em out a few feet. So much fun, too bad mines in pieces down in the basement. I tore mine down to paint the frame and stuff black but it came out like crap and need some warm weather so I can spray it again and put it back together. 50's ROCK

1 - 20 of 32 Posts