R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys/gals that do tracks that require a overnight stay, how & where do you store your bike during the night......

Or do you leave it on the trailor & pray that some one doesn't steal the bike & the trailor for that matter...

Viper

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
:umm I leave it out, under the ezup and strap the ezup to the bike in case of winds overnight.

I've never had a problem...

(you'll get better/more answers in this section)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I stayed at a hotel once that was on the first floor, I just rolled the bike into the room with me :)

She slept on the floor though haha

·
Sliding past you!
1,107 Posts
If the bike is at the track you should not have a problem with anyone touching your bike or gear.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drew said:
I stayed at a hotel once that was on the first floor, I just rolled the bike into the room with me :)

She slept on the floor though haha
I though about doing that if possible, but other wise....:bigeyesad :umm

I was thinking about heading down to Jenning in January...... and wasn't sure what would be the best way to store it overnight......

Viper

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DeFran R6 R1 said:
If the bike is at the track you should not have a problem with anyone touching your bike or gear.
I'm not worried about the bike while at the track, just during the night.....

It(the bike) would be sitting on the trailor, just seem like it would so dorn easy to steal....

Viper

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
When you're at the track with everyone else and all their gear, you really don't have to worry about anyone taking off with anything.

Most of the people are pretty cool.

I usually keep it under the EZ up canopy too.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
I leave my shit out at the track all the time...bike, helmet, boots, gloves. It's all out in the open and no one bothers it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Viper

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I think what he means is...If you come to a trackday and don't set up until the next day, then you take it to the hotel with you. They wouldn't let us set up pit early at the local track

·
Registered
316 Posts
depending on where I am, I may just leave it all out, knowing someone I trust is sleeping in the pits, or I chain it all to something immoveable, such as Armco.

It's easier with an enclosed trailer, I think. Next on my wish list.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Since we camp at the track, b/c our trailer has a place for us to sleep, our stuff stays outside under the canopy. Bikes, fuel, stands, warmers, pit bike....everything. I've never had a issue with anyone touching our stuff......ever

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have done Jennings GP a number of times. I usually stay at Shoneys Inn but I think they changed there name. If you go to the Jennings site and look at hotels, its there. I have left it out on the trailer at night with no problems. Just ask for a room on the 1st floor if you are worried about it. I have full coverage though. Its a pretty docile area. Good Luck! Im going Jan too. Just not sure what weekend. Oh and Jennings closes the gate at 9pm if you can make it.

·
Woody Racing #409
1,311 Posts
i always leave the bike out and lower the canopy as far as possible with the bike under it, mainly for wind and everything. nobody is going to mess with anything at the track. I don't know how i would handle not being able to set up my pit area the night before a trackday. I wouldn't trust leaving my trailer and bikes in a hotel parking lot but i guess a lot of people do it

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You kidding leave the bike out where slower guys could do something to mess with a bike's performance.

My nightly ritual consists of tucking my motorcycle into bed, reading a bed time story (something like the little engine that could), then I crawl into bed and procede to spoon the motorcycle until morning, unless I'm in the mood then well you know....there aren't many women at the track so.......

Guys at the track are a pretty honest bunch and there are many who camp overnight, me included. If your leaving the track and your paranoid just tell someone who is pitted near you to keep an eye on your bike. Even that is fairly excessive.

Don't worry.

·
Registered
670 Posts
For a hotel or something, I put it and all my stuff in the enclosed trailer then lock up all the doors. Then I'll put a lock on the tongue of the trailer so it cant be put onto a ball. If I'm at the track, I leave my $*** out all over the place, everyone there is cool.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Same here, if I am unable to leave the bike at the track the night before it stays in the enclosed trailor locked up, if I am able to leave it at the track I just put it under the ez-up in the pits and head out. I have camped at tracks and I have stayed in hotels, either way I have never had a problem with anyone messing with my bike. Most of the tracks I have been to are gated and lock up at night so no one comes or goes after a certian time.

·
Registered
394 Posts
At races I will leave my stuff out under the canopy only because I am usually camping in the motorhome right there. Even then I will lock my rolling tool boxes and put things like tire warmers and VP fuel in the trailer.

Even at some WERA races we had some folks have thier suspension settings messed with, brake bolts stolen, and one guy even had his truck tailgate stolen! I'm really not that trusting anymore. I knew a few students a few years ago had thier bikes stolen in a hotel parking lot. I guess since they are usually street bikes prepped for a track day instead of a race bike it makes them more attractive to theives.

If I go to a track day or for the schools, I will leave my trailer at the track with my gear locked in it as I usually stay at a local motel/hotel. I trust people less at track days because anyone could be there. If someone is camping that I know there, I may leave it like at the races.

The parking lot of a motel or hotel is the highest risk for theft, especially if you have an open trailer. Your odds are better leaving your stuff at the track...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
moto said:
For a hotel or something, I put it and all my stuff in the enclosed trailer then lock up all the doors. Then I'll put a lock on the tongue of the trailer so it cant be put onto a ball. If I'm at the track, I leave my $*** out all over the place, everyone there is cool.

Thats is what I was mainly concerned with......

I have rode Summit 3 times this year and when I usually get there, I usually unload my stuff & really do not worry about it.....

Cool....

But now I am thinking about hitting Road Atlanta, VIR, & Jennings..... And thats will require an overnight stay...

Agains seems as if leaving on a OPEN bed trailor, it would be a easy pick & roll....

But after reading the post, it sounds like I can leave it at the track, possibly ask someone there to keep an eye on my stuff, or find a hotel/motel , get a room on the first floor, and roll my bike in there......

Again thanks....

Viper

·
Registered
220 Posts
Usually if we have to leave our stuff in the hotel lot we will back trailers up against one another and use a creative montage of our tow vehicles to block them in, then unhook them and put a lock on the ball. That way people can't move the trailers even if they wanted to they would have to break into our tow rigs and move them first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts