R6 Message Net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, its time for a new windscreen, and there's some 30 dollar ones on ebay that look good to me (1/8 inch thick, no irregularities in the pics). Anyone had luck with these knock-offs? any horror stories getting them to fit? I've looked thru the forums and cant find any straight answers. Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi guys, its time for a new windscreen, and there's some 30 dollar ones on ebay that look good to me (1/8 inch thick, no irregularities in the pics). Anyone had luck with these knock-offs? any horror stories getting them to fit? I've looked thru the forums and cant find any straight answers. Thanks
As far as horror stories, I haven't heard any, but here's how it would probably go:

You spend $30 on a cheap-ass windscreen thinking you saved $40+. Receive it in the mail, go to install it and find out it doesn't fit. Now you have to try to mod it to make it fit. Then you fuck it up completely and you're forced to shell out $75 on a high quality, known, trusted brand like Puig or Zero Gravity. So guess what?? You just spent $105 on a windscreen!! Moral of the story: Being cheap can sometimes become expensive!! Hope this helped you to do the right thing.... :hattip

·
Registered
355 Posts
No problem, man!! :thumbup

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got one of ebay and works and fit like a champ. Bought it 5 months ago and still no problems. Looks good and i like it....hell if im going to spend roughly 75 bucks on a windscreen, so i went the ebay way and not regreting it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As far as horror stories, I haven't heard any, but here's how it would probably go:

You spend $30 on a cheap-ass windscreen thinking you saved $40+. Receive it in the mail, go to install it and find out it doesn't fit. Now you have to try to mod it to make it fit. Then you fuck it up completely and you're forced to shell out $75 on a high quality, known, trusted brand like Puig or Zero Gravity. So guess what?? You just spent $105 on a windscreen!! Moral of the story: Being cheap can sometimes become expensive!! Hope this helped you to do the right thing.... :hattip
Almost the same story with me, but I didn't fuck my $30 EGAY windscreen up. My windscreen actually bolted on just fine, but there was a 1/8 inch gap between the windscreen and fairing which annoyed the hell out me so I got a Zero Gravity and am lovin it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Depends on the brand. If you are talking about the Pit-Eck ones. Stay away!!!! I can't tell you how many horrors stories I have heard with their stuff. I even have one of my own. I baught one of their wind screens. Then I spent about an hour and a half trying to get it to fit. Finally shaved enough plastic off the bottom to get it to fit. Ended up just giving it away and getting a Puig.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also bought a $26 cheap windscreen on Ebay for my R6. It was OK, but it didn't fit well around the fairing, the windscreen is just a flat sheet of acrylic bent to the right shape, but there is no built up edge to mate against your cowling. So there will be a gap that just doesn't look right. I ended up selling it on Ebay and just bought a new OEM Yamaha screen and I'm much happier with that. I am looking for a good double bubble screen however, who knows of a good one that fits properly??

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also bought a $26 cheap windscreen on Ebay for my R6. It was OK, but it didn't fit well around the fairing, the windscreen is just a flat sheet of acrylic bent to the right shape, but there is no built up edge to mate against your cowling. So there will be a gap that just doesn't look right. I ended up selling it on Ebay and just bought a new OEM Yamaha screen and I'm much happier with that. I am looking for a good double bubble screen however, who knows of a good one that fits properly??

Nothing beats Puig IMO. Fits great and looks great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.