R6 Message Net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was Looking Into Getting A Trailer For My R6 And I Was Wondering If Anyone Has Done This Yet. I Saw A Couple The Other Day With The Side Walls Being Only 8 Inches High Or So. Does It Make A Difference The Hieght Of The Walls.
???/ I Think It Was A 8foot Trailer There Was Also One With 2.5 Foot Walls And Difference Besides The 200 Buck Up Pricing ????????

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
I sure hope it's the latter...... :lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=100369-000015476-5X8G&lpage=none

heres what i use, found it at a trailer specific joint cheaper though. added treated wood slats(like the floor of a deck), a chock, and a couple of eye hooks(the good ones that are made for tieing down. works great and it comes with its own ramp. although, the brake lines on my truck just blew out while towing the bike... brake fluid all over the bike. just make sure your lines on your vehicle are good and youre set.

·
Registered
165 Posts
oh, then make sure the lines on your r6 are good!

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
rokshox said:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=100369-000015476-5X8G&lpage=none

heres what i use, found it at a trailer specific joint cheaper though. added treated wood slats(like the floor of a deck), a chock, and a couple of eye hooks(the good ones that are made for tieing down. works great and it comes with its own ramp. although, the brake lines on my truck just blew out while towing the bike... brake fluid all over the bike. just make sure your lines on your vehicle are good and youre set.

Does it come assembled? or do you have to do it yourself?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Because we are still in question as to whether or not he wants to tow the R6 on the trailer or tow the trailer with the R6.

I will offer up that I actually saw a sportbike towing a trailer. It was at Daytona this year during the AMA races. Weirdest thing I've seen in some time. It looked like a big oval/cylindrical pod with a wheel attached on the end. If only I could find photos of it.

Kind-of like this one but longer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am looking for one to put on the back of my car sorry for not being clear about that. i did not think anyone would tow with a sports bike oh well people will be people any how i found one for 595.00 but like i said the sides are not to high hope this helps those prospective answers : )

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's not hard brother. The sides don't really mean that much. I tie my 6 to the bed, not the rails anyway. Here is a crappy pic, but you'll get the idea.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Turn #1 how did you hook it up to your car.. it looks like a grand prix or grand am? Did your car come with a trailer hook up or did you have to get one custom built? I wonder i would be able to do that to my car. Is there a min horse power needed to tow the trailer and bike? I drive an audi.

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
I tow mine on a trailer like Turn1's. Sides are a little higher but otherwise it's the same. Worked well for me twice and you might look into a canyon dancer, they yank your grips a bit if used a lot but if you tow it around a couple times a year they are nice.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
just about all cars have hitches made for them. nothing custom needed. go to uhaul.com and you can find out what is available.

I had a hitch on my 97 talon AWD that I used to tow my 4x8 horrible freight trailer with :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Jumperalex said:
just about all cars have hitches made for them. nothing custom needed. go to uhaul.com and you can find out what is available.

I had a hitch on my 97 talon AWD that I used to tow my 4x8 horrible freight trailer with :)

Or you can go to Lowes also.

thats where I picked up my tow hitch receiver ..... Think it was roughly 130-140

Viper

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found a great deal at Harbor Frieght. I think the whole thing ended up costing $450 with the little bells and whistles I added. Works great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
^+1
found a good trailer there myself. No walls, but you can put some in if you feel the need. Like mentioned you don't need them anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts