R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i think it's about time to reclean the chain again.. so I have the PJ1 black label stuff.. its so gooey and flingy :mad: but anyways, when i clean it, i usually start off with wd40 to clean the chain, drive it around to warm it up, then apply the lube. Im new with this PJ1 product, so am i supposed to remove the old lube on the chain w/ the wd40 completely? or do u guys suggest that i should get something less flingy.. like spray wax? (I hate getting that PJ1 all over my bike cover!) thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I personally use the Belray chain wax. Clean the chain with kerosene and a tooth brush, wipe dry, gor for a boot to warm up the chain then spray on the chain wax and let it sit over night. I find it doesn't really fling off if you let it sit for a while so it tacks up. I usually spray it on the night I'm done riding and by the morning it's nice and tacky, no fling-off!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Everyone has their own procedure for it, but this is what I do:

Heat chain (I find it makes wiping the old lube off easier if the chain is warm)
Wipe clean w/ WD40
Lube using Maxima.

I used to use Belray, but it goes on white and messy looking and it needs a little time to stick. I like Maxima because it goes on clear (starting to sound like a deodorant commercial), and takes a little less time to stick.
Wait time is really negligible though, if you clean and lube your chain after you're done riding for the day it doesn't matter, the bike will be sitting until you go back out anyway. :shrug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Archangelracerx said:
Everyone has their own procedure for it, but this is what I do:

Heat chain (I find it makes wiping the old lube off easier if the chain is warm)
Wipe clean w/ WD40
Lube using Maxima.

I used to use Belray, but it goes on white and messy looking and it needs a little time to stick. I like Maxima because it goes on clear (starting to sound like a deodorant commercial), and takes a little less time to stick.
Wait time is really negligible though, if you clean and lube your chain after you're done riding for the day it doesn't matter, the bike will be sitting until you go back out anyway. :shrug
^ I second Arch's procedure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i use motul chain cleaner and lube.

1)i ride around to warm up the chain.
2)spray on some cleaner.
3)wait a few mins than lightly brush the entire chain,
4)respray cleaner to wash away dirt/debrie
5)spray lube

1 - 8 of 8 Posts