R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
thinking of fitting 04 wheels and rear swing arm to my 99 bike,a few questions that need answers please
1 can it be done
2 the rear 03 swing arm i think will be a straight swop, the wheels i will think go straight on and if i use te 03 brake it should be o.k
3 my problem is the shocker,i'd like to fit an 03 shock can this be done,if so how,i'm hoping to get the 03 shock with lower triangle linkage ,so i presume it may reqiure some different size bushes and bolts to convert,anybody done this and could help with pic's this would be great,or any info on the conversion would help cheers
peter

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
help needed on 03/04 wheels/s/arm/shock onto 99 r6

The wheels will fir for sure, abt the swingarm and shock that I'm not sure. There was another board member that was going to do the swingarm swap that you are mentioning but not sure if he ever did it.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Everything will fit, you will run into a snag with the shock though. I just can't recall what it was but I know it is eventually possible.

Search the forum, there is a pic of it done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone Know If The 02 Shock Will Mount Up To The 03 Swingarm? I Just Purchased A Ohlins Rear Shock For The 02. If It Will Bolt Up To The 03 Sa That Would Be.........badass

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is how I got the 2005 shock to bolt into my 1999. I rolled the rear of the hole where the shock passes through by gently tapping the metal at the edge of the hole where the interference is. It’s really easy just have patience and don’t use to much force. Keep tapping the hole will grow.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts