R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the brake bleed nipple on the rear brake on my 2005 R6 is stuck... I opened it once and closed it again and then for the life of my couldn't get it open again. Not even going ape on it with a locking pliar or a channel lock.

Any ideas on how to get this bloody thing out? I have good ridge speed bleeders ready to go on, by the way.

If I can't do it, I will need to buy a new or used caliper (ouch!)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its going to break...you need to get a good extractor to get it out. May want to look on ebay for a cheap caliper just in case
Thanks, man.

I bought the Goodridge speedbleeders from Calsport bike (thank you sponsors) because I knew the bleeder would likely brake for sure. I looked up cheap calipers on ebay yesterday. Might be buying one today...

2003 and 2004 rear calipers fit 2005 perfectly, right? I am 99% sure that this is right.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, try as I may with my extractors, there is no way that thing is coming out! I have never seen something sieze like that in my life!

I ordered a used caliper from a 2003 R6 on ebay. I looked on the microfiche on Ron Ayers and the rear brake from the 2003 and 2005 R6s appear identical.

Actually, I also got the brake-side rear-set (including peg and pedal), rear brake master cylinder, and rear caliper bracket.

I only need the caliper... anyone interested in the other parts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.